Stakeholder engagement will guide the update. Specific ways to engage include:
- Visit our website. Visit the CSF website for updates, upcoming events, resources, and other opportunities to weigh in. NIST set up a CSF 2.0 update page to increase awareness of – and involvement in – the update process.
- Join us at an upcoming workshop. NIST has held multiple virtual and in-person workshops. One more hybrid workshop – with in-person and some virtual sessions – will be held in September 2023 where participants will roll up their sleeves to discuss proposed updates to the CSF. Workshops are announced, and video recordings are available – on the CSF events page.
- Submit comments on the CSF. Along the path to update the CSF, NIST has publicized a Request for Information and sought comments on a concept paper and discussion draft. On August 8, 2023, NIST posted a public draft of the Framework for input.
Other Ways to Engage with NIST on the Cybersecurity Framework
NIST always welcomes involvement and contributions by the broad community of users and potential users who want to help to improve the Framework’s effectiveness and ease of use. Here are other ways in which you can engage:
- Tell us what we can improve upon and share your ideas about additional guidance. NIST welcomes submissions for CSF Resources, Success Stories, and Perspectives pages.
- Contribute to the National Online Informative Reference Program (OLIR). NIST welcomes contributions to OLIR to facilitate informative references (or mapping) between the NIST CSF and other guidance resources.
- Follow and engage in our international efforts. The CSF has been translated and adapted throughout the world, and international stakeholder participation will be critical to the update process. Check out the various international adaptations and translations of the CSF and other NIST cybersecurity and privacy resources, as well as updates on our international engagement and how to get involved at the International Cybersecurity and Privacy site.
- Meet us at a cybersecurity conference. NIST staff participate in conferences around the world to increase awareness of the CSF and the update process, as well as learn how organizations are using the Framework. You can see where we will be at on the CSF events page.
- Participate in a NIST forum or community of interest. NIST will be leveraging several existing forums on the CSF update. Forums can be found on our cybersecurity and privacy stakeholder engagement page.
- Email Updates. To receive updates on the CSF, sign up for email alerts via the Email Subscription page.
- Contact us. You can always contact us at cyberframework [at] nist.gov .