- NIST has released NIST IR 8323 Revision 1 | Foundational PNT Profile: Applying the Cybersecurity Framework for the Responsible Use of PNT Services.
- NIST has released the “Cybersecurity Framework 2.0 Concept Paper: Potential Significant Updates to the Cybersecurity Framework,” outlining potential significant changes to the Cybersecurity Framework for public review and comment. Please provide feedback by March 3, 2023. The Paper will be discussed at the upcoming CSF 2.0 Workshop #2 on February 15, 2023 and the CSF 2.0 Working Sessions on February 22-23, 2023.
- IN-PERSON CSF 2.0 WORKING SESSIONS | February 22 or 23, 2023 (half day events). Attendees should only register for ONE session.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP #2 | February 15, 2023 (9:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST). Join us to discuss potential significant updates to the CSF as outlined in the soon-to-be-released CSF Concept Paper.
A recording of a Framework Version 2.0 informal discussion, hosted by NIST and the Depart. of Treasury OCCIP on September 12, 2022 is now available.
Draft NIST IR 8406, Cybersecurity Framework Profile for Liquefied Natural Gas - is now open for public comment through November 17th.
- NISTIR 8286C, Staging Cybersecurity Risks for Enterprise Risk Management and Governance Oversight, has now been released as final. This report continues an in-depth discussion of the concepts introduced in NISTIR 8286, Integrating Cybersecurity and Enterprise Risk Management, and provides additional detail regarding the enterprise application of cybersecurity risk information.
- Responding to suggestions from participants during the recent CSF 2.0 workshop, NIST has improved its CSF web page by elevating attention to Examples of Framework Profiles The page, which now is easier to find, features links to more than a dozen profiles produced by NIST or others.
- The first workshop on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework update, “Beginning our Journey to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework 2.0”, was held virtually on August 17, 2022 with 3900+ attendees from 100 countries in attendance. Details can be found here (the full event recording is NOW AVAILABLE).
- A CSF Draft Profile, “Draft Foundational PNT Profile: Applying the Cybersecurity Framework for the Responsible Use of Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) Services” (Draft NISTIR 8323 Revision 1), is available for public comment through August 12, 2022. This Revision includes five new Cybersecurity Framework subcategories, and two new appendices.
- A CSF Draft Profile, Cybersecurity Profile for Hybrid Satellite Networks (HSN) Draft Annotated Outline (Draft White Paper NIST CSWP 27) is available for public comment through August 9, 2022. This Profile will consider the cybersecurity of all the interacting systems that form the HSN rather than the traditional approach of the government acquiring the entire satellite system that includes the satellite bus, payloads, and ground system.
For more Latest Updates click here
NIST Seeks Input on International Aspects of the Cybersecurity Framework, Other Resources
April 04, 2022
By: Amy Mahn
NIST Launches New International Cybersecurity and Privacy Resources Website
December 15, 2021
By: Amy Mahn
Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Cybersecurity First
October 27, 2021
By: Marian Merritt
For more Framework Blog Posts click here
News Releases (Twitter: @NISTCyber)
For more News Releases click here