During the course of the ISO/IPO meeting held in Seattle, Washington, in April of 1992, a one-day workshop was held on AP validation requirements and procedures. Included in this workshop were representatives from all approved AP projects and planning projects. the goal of this workshop was to reach consensus on AP validation and conformance testing requirements. The objectives were to establish qualifications criteria for AP validation reports; to discuss lessons learned from initial AP validation activities (i.e. AP requirements validation, ARM validation, and AIM validation); to discuss the proposed improvements to the AP Development and Approval Guidelines; to examine completeness requirements for AP conformance testing; and to discuss the relationships between the components of the AP documents.
This document is an informal record of the proceedings, including the call for participation; the objectives, expectations,a nd agenda for the workshop; transcripts of presentations; a workshop summary and resulting recommendations,a nd a list of attendees. Presentations included:
- Guidelines on Writing Standards Within STEP, Nigel Shaw, British Aerospace
- Status for AP Methods and Documentation, Mark Palmer, NIST
- Model Quality Criteria and Metrics Status, Roger Stumps, Boeing
- Deploying the Voice of the Customer, Kurudi Muralidhar, ITI
- What Information is Required in APs to Ensure Compatible Information Exchange, Jon Aas, FEGS Ltd.
- Common Methods for PDES, Inc., Steve Ryan, PDES, Inc.
- Developing and Validation Marine Industry Application Protocols , Kent Reed, NIST
- The Roles of Mapping Tables and Conformance Test Purposes in STEP Application
- Protocols, Julian Fowler, CADDETC