Key Aspects of the Recent Graduate Program:
- Students hired into this program will be known as "Recent Graduates."
- Provides student who have recently graduated with valuable experience in the Federal workforce.
- Paid Position
- The program lasts for one year.
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the past two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institutions.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree - due to military service obligation - have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- Must meet the qualification requirements for the position to which applying.
Training and Development:
- Orientation program for Recent Graduates hired for the program.
- Mentorship throughout the program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program.
- Positions offer opportunity for career advancement.
After Program Completion:
- Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
- To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
How to Apply: