FRVT 1:N Status
Results for algorithms submitted to NIST in February and June 2018 have been published as NIST Interagency Report 8238. This report will be updated in March 2019 to include results for new and updated algorithms submitted to NIST in late 2018.
We expect to re-open the FRVT 1:N in March 2019. Precise dates will be posted here. Until then, we are not accepting new 1:N algorithms. For 1:1, see the FRVT 1:1 homepage.
The FRVT 2018 will measure advancements in the accuracy and speed of one-to-many face recognition identification algorithms searching enrolled galleries containing at least 10 million identities. The evaluation will primarily use standardized portrait images, and will quantify how accuracy depends on subject-specific demographics and image-specific quality factors.
- API Document [last update: 2018-07-24]: The API document has been updated for Phase 3. Developers must ensure that their submission conforms to the document's specifications.
- Validation [last update: 2018-09-07]: Updates to the validation package to reflect the API changes for Phase 3 are now available. All participants must run their software through the provided validation package prior to submission. The purpose of validation is to ensure consistent algorithm output between your execution and NIST's execution.
- Participation Agreement [last update: 2017-11-20]: FRVT is conducted by NIST, an agency of the United States Government. Participation is free of charge. FRVT is open to a global audience of face recognition developers. All organizations who seek to participate in FRVT must sign and submit all pages of this Participation Agreement. NOTE: Organizations that have already submitted a participation agreement for ongoing FRVT 1:1 do not need to send in a new participation agreement UNLESS the organization updates their cryptographic signing key.
- Encryption Instructions [last update: 2017-11-20]: All submissions must be properly encrypted and signed before transmission to NIST. This must be done according to these instructions using the FRVT Ongoing public key linked from this page. Participants must email their public key to NIST. The participant's public key must correspond to the participant's public-key fingerprint provided on the signed Participation Application.
- Submission Instructions [last update: 2017-11-20]: Encrypted files below 20MB can be emailed to NIST at email@example.com. Encrypted files above 20MB can be provided as a download link from a generic http webserver (e.g., Google Drive). We cannot accept Dropbox links. NIST will not register, or establish any kind of membership, on the provided website. Participants can submit their algorithm(s) as soon as the signed participation agreement is sent to NIST. There is no need to wait for NIST confirmation of the received agreement.
2017-Oct-26: Program announcement and draft API
The first draft of the C++ API for the FRVT 1:N 2018 evaluation is now online. The document, which also describes the goals and concept, is open for public review. Please submit suggestions, comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2017.
2017-Oct-26 - Nov-15: Draft API publication and public comments period
2017-Nov-16: Final API published
2018-Jan-22: First day algorithms can be sent to NIST
2018-Feb-16: Phase 1 submission deadline
2018-Jun-21: Phase 2 submission deadline
2018-Oct-30: Phase 3 submission deadline