Tina M. Faecke
Tina M. Faecke is the administrative officer of the Engineering Laboratory (EL) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Ms. Faecke joined NIST in July 1974 as a clerk-stenographer assigned to Personnel. She was selected for a permanent position in the Office of ADP Standards Management, Institute for Computer Sciences and Technology (ICST), in November 1974, and was promoted to an Administrative Aid position within the same office in December 1976. During her career in ICST, she served as a Secretary (Stenography) for a Division Chief, the Center Director, and the Laboratory Deputy Director. In September 1988, Ms. Faecke was promoted to an administrative officer position. She was given full responsibility for the financial and human resource execution and operation of the laboratory headquarters. She was also responsible for orchestrating the November 1995 physical relocation of approximately 520 employees and property to NIST North, when the NIST Computer Systems Laboratory (CSL) and NIST Computing and Applied Mathematics Laboratory (CAML) merged to become the NIST Information Technology Laboratory (ITL).
In March 1996, Ms. Faecke was selected for an Administrative Officer position in the Building Environment Division (BED), NIST Building and Fire Research Laboratory (BFRL).
In early 2006, Ms. Faecke also was named to serve as an administrative officer for the National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP) Secretariat. In her current position, Ms. Faecke:
- coordinates, executes, and assists in managing NEHRP projects and contracts
- attends and participates in executive-level interagency meetings and prepares the meeting summary
- oversees, manages, and executes daily financial and human resource operations for NEHRP and the Building Environment Division;
- assists with outside collaborations and personally negotiates with high-level officials to explore all possible avenues in order to obtain funds from outside sponsors;
- serves as BFRL representative and administrative liaison for the Commerce Business Systems (CBS) My Tools, Other Objects and Labor Subcommittees; and
- serves as the division liaison for all administrative, human resource, and budgetary operations.