- Research Chemist, NIST, 2013-Present
- Natural Products Chemist, Instrument Engineer, NOAA/JHT, 2004-2013
- Service Engineer, Agilent Technologies, Raleigh, NC, 1999-2004
- B.S., major: Chemistry, minor: Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1996
Kevin's research is to evaluate anthropogenic contaminants in environmental matrices such as sediment and marine tissues. His expertise primarily includes measurement of POPs such as PCBs, PAHs, organochlorine pesticides, and flame retardants using gas chromatograph mass spectrometry and gas chromatograph triple mass spectrometry.
Kevin currently serves as Safety Representative for NIST Hollings Marine Laboratory, Charleston, SC and as an instrument engineer for quick onsite repair of instrumentation, thus decreasing the amount of down time for end users.
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2013-Present
- American Chemical Society, 1991-1997; 2013-Present
If you or your institution subscribe to the journal cited below, clicking on the link should take you to a page from which you can access the reference.
- Bienfang, P., Oben, B., DeFelice, S., Moeller, P., Huncik, K., Oben, P., Toonen, R., Daly-Engel, T., Bowen, B., Ciguatera: The Detection of Neurotoxins in Carnivorous Reef Fish from the Coast of Cameroon, West Africa, African Journal of Marine Science, 533-540, 2008.
- Moeller, P.D.R., Beauchesne, K.R., Huncik, K.M., Clay Davis, W.C., Christopher, S.J., Riggs-Gelasco, P., Gelasco, A.K., Metal Complexes and Free Radical Toxins Produced by Pfiesteria piscicida, Environ. Sci. Technol., 41(4), 1166-1172, 2007.
- Hsia, M.H., Morton, S.L., Smith, L.L., Beauchesne, K.R., Huncik, K.M., Moeller, P.D.R., Production of Goniodomin A by the Planktonic, Chain-Forming Dinoflagellate Alexandrium Monilatum (Howell) Balech Isolated from the Gulf Coast of the United States, Harmful Algae, 5(3), 290-299, 2006.
- Schock, T.B., Huncik, K., Beauchesne, K.R., Villareal, T.A., Moeller, P.D.R., Identification of Trichotoxin, a Novel Chlorinated Compound Associated with the Bloom Forming Cyanobacterium, Trichodesmium thiebautii, Environ. Sci. Technol, 45(17), 7503-7509, 2011.
- Bertin, M.J., Zimba, P.V., Beauchesne, K.R., Huncik, K.M., Moeller, P.D.R., Identification of Toxic Fatty Acid Amides Isolated from the Harmful Alga Prymnesium parvum Carter, Harmful Algae, 20, 111-116, 2012.
- Krill, D., Madden, J., Huncik, K., Moeller, P.D., Induced Thyme Product Prevents VEGF-Induced Migration in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells, Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications, 403(3-4), 275-281, 2010.