Dr. Remoroza's research interest is in carbohydrates and enzyme chemistry, biochemistry, enzymatic fingerprinting and modification of hydrocolloids and stabilizers, biorefinery, prebiotics/probiotics, glycan, glycopeptides, and glycolipids from biological serum, plant cell wall materials, bioanalytical chemistry, molecular structural analysis by liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry, downstream processing (protein purification). Her current project is the creation and annotation of the mass spectral library of oligosaccharides, glycan, glycopeptides, and glycolipids from biological serum and viral proteins.
- Mass Spectral Library of Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs)
For download: https://chemdata.nist.gov/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=peptidew:oligo
- Mass Spectral Library of Mammalian Milk Oligosaccharides
For download: https://chemdata.nist.gov/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=peptidew:lib:nonhumanmilk
- Mass Spectral Library of Glycopeptides from Human Milk
For download: https://chemdata.nist.gov/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=peptidew:human_n_linked_glyco
- Mass Spectral library of glycopeptides for SARS CoV2 spike proteins and human plasma
- We are currently developing mass spectral libraries of glycopeptides for SARS-CoV2 proteins. NIST is now employing its expertise to assist biomedical researchers in characterizing SARS-CoV 2 proteins, especially the so-called ‘spike’ protein, which is responsible for the entry of the virus into host cells and a principal target for developing treatments and vaccines. Knowledge of these structural differences provides important clues for how the virus infects cells and replicates, and also informs the development of treatments and vaccines.
- Along with this project is creating comprehensive mass spectral libraries of glycopeptides and released glycans for various glycoproteins in human plasma and commercial monoclonal antibodies.
Representative scientific publications
Scientific Society Membership
- Member, American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2016-present
- Full Member, Philippine American Academy of Scientists and Engineers 2016-present
- Board member, Washington Chromatography Discussion Group, 2018