This Bulletin provides an update on forensic science standards moving through the development process at Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs), and those that are moving through the Registry Approval Process at the Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science (OSAC).
Items of note:
- Two Facial Identification standards are open for comment for placement on the OSAC Registry until September 5, 2019:
- ASTM E3115-17 Standard Guide for Capturing Facial Images for Use with Facial Recognition Systems
- ASTM E3148-18 Standard Guide for Postmortem Facial Image Capture
- ASB has published two new standards (one Biological Methods document and one Footwear & Tire document).
- ASTM has published one new standard (Fire Debris & Explosives document) and three revised standards (two Fire Debris & Explosives documents and one Materials/Trace document).
- ASB currently has five documents open for comment (three Firearm & Toolmark documents, one Dogs & Sensors document, and one Toxicology document).
- ASB has initiated four new work item proposals (two Biological Data & Interpretation documents, one Medicolegal Death Investigation document and one Footwear & Tire document).
- Check out additional OSAC news and save the date for NIST's Evidence Management Conference!