This Bulletin provides an update on forensic science standards that are moving through the development process at Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs), and those that are moving through the Registry Approval Process at the Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science (OSAC).
Items of note:
- ANSI/ASB Best Practice Recommendation 037, Guidelines for Opinions and Testimony in Forensic Toxicology is open for comment for placement on the OSAC Registry.
- ASB Technical Report 025, Crime Scene Death Investigation – Dogs and Sensors – Terms and Definitions is open for comment for placement on the OSAC Registry.
- ASTM E2917-19: Standard Practice for Forensic Science Practitioner Training, Continuing Education, and Professional Development Programs moved to the Comment Adjudication Phase.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories moved to the FSSB for Vote.
- Two AAFS Standards Board (ASB) documents are open for comment.
- Join NIST at two upcoming events in June.