In honor of our colleague, Sharon Nakich, who passed away in March after a short battle with cancer, the FSSB has developed a new peer-to-peer award that is being launched this year. Please consider nominating a fellow peer before the deadline below.
This award is an OSAC peer-to-peer award given annually that acknowledges a helpful attitude, kindness, teamwork or behind-the-scenes contributions to support the goals of the Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science. This award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions to promote OSAC's mission through his/her support of OSAC. This nominee works diligently and tirelessly as a champion for OSAC, at times without recognition.
- All OSAC Members and Affiliates
- OSAC Program Office Staff
- Any non-OSAC member who has contributed significantly to furthering the mission of OSAC
Nomination/Approval Procedures: Requirements
Two or more narrative statements from two or more different individuals addressing the criteria listed above. Nomination justifications should include, but not limited to, a description of:
- Specific activities the nominee was involved in that had a positive effect in supporting OSAC's mission,
- How the individual's action helped the organization further its goals,
- The nominee's willingness to go the extra mile.
Please submit nominations and supporting documents to Donna Kimball (email@example.com) of the OSAC Program Office no later than 5:00 PM ET on June 28, 2019. If you have any additional questions or need assistance, please contact Donna as well.
The award will be presented at the summer "OSAC All-Members Meetings."