Modern Healthcare's annual 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare list includes six U.S. health care leaders with direct connections to the Baldrige Program, highlighting the continued impact of the Baldrige framework for performance excellence in U.S. health care today.
The list, released August 25, honors the leaders of four Baldrige Award-winning health care organizations and two Baldrige Executive Fellows.
Leaders of Baldrige-Award winning health care organizations voted to the 2014 list include
- Rulon Stacey, chair of the Baldrige Board of Overseers that advises the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program and also president and CEO of Fairview Health Services; formerly president and CEO of Poudre Valley Health System (PDF), which won the Baldrige Award in 2008
- Susan DeVore, president and CEO of Premier Inc. (PDF), which won the Baldrige Award in 2006
- James Skogsbergh, president and CEO of Advocate Health Care, the parent organization of 2010 Baldrige Award-winner Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital (PDF)
- Nancy Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Health System, which won the Baldrige Award in 2011
The top-100 list also includes two Baldrige Executive Fellowswho participated in the nationally ranked leadership development experience that offers senior leaders a network of peers who together broaden their perspectives on performance excellence. Health care leaders voted to the 2014 list are
- 2012 Baldrige Executive Fellow Deborah Bowen, who was promoted from executive vice president and COO of the American College of Healthcare Executives to president and CEO in 2013
- 2013 Baldrige Executive Fellow Dr. Peter Pronovost, director, Johns Hopkins Medicine's Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, who also made Modern Healthcare's 2014 list of the 50 most influential physician executives and leaders in U.S health care
According to a related Modern Healthcare news story "Quality Leaders Grow in Influence," patient-safety and quality-improvement leaders figure prominently on this year's 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare list. Among these leaders is Dr. Peter Pronovost.
See related story from 2013: "Two Top-100 Lists This Year Demonstrate Baldrige Impact in U.S. Health Care."