Senior leaders from the five organizations selected for the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, as well as representatives from past Award recipients, will share their best practices and results at one-day regional conferences on Sept. 16, 2008, in Denver, Colo., and Oct. 3, 2008, in New Orleans, La. Participants can network with the recipients and gather valuable tips on applying the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence.
The 2007 Baldrige Award recipients—listed with their category—are:
- PRO-TEC Coating Co., Leipsic, Ohio (small business)
- Mercy Health System, Janesville, Wisc. (health care)
- Sharp HealthCare, San Diego, Calif. (health care)
- City of Coral Springs, Coral Springs, Fla. (nonprofit)
- U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), Picatinny Arsenal, N.J. (nonprofit)
The Baldrige Award promotes excellence in organizational performance, recognizes the achievements and results of U.S. organizations, and publicizes successful performance strategies. The Award is not given for specific products or services. Since 1988, 72 organizations have received Baldrige Awards.
For more information on the regional conferences and to register online, go to www.baldrige.nist.gov/2008_Regionals/Regionals.htm. You also may contact the Baldrige Program at (301) 975-2036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.