This seminar will teach students how to properly inspect and test Retail Motor-Fuel Dispensers (RMFDs); that is, perform an official examination by properly applying all applicable NIST Handbook 44 requirements. The sessions will include formal lecture, class discussion, group exercises, audio-visual presentations, and some hands-on practice.
After the completion of this course, using your references and notes, you will be able to:
- Describe the requirements specified in NIST Handbook 44 for RMFDs;
- Describe the components of an inspection of an RMFD;
- List three types of tolerances used when testing RMFDs.
- Apply the correct applicable tolerance to an RMFD under test;
- Describe how to select the proper size test draft for an RMFD test;
- List two requirements for product storage identification;
- Name three items that will increase your safety when testing RMFDs;
- Identify three key reasons why report forms are important;
- List five items of basic equipment used when testing RMFDs;
- Describe the proper procedures for reading and draining test measures and provers;
- List and describe the minimum tests and examination procedures to be performed when testing an RMFD;
- List the three categories of liquid-measuring devices and describe the sealing requirements for each;
- List the two types of metrological parameters that must be sealed.
- Describe the tasks that must be completed following the inspection and testing of an RMFD.
Materials & Supplies:
Notebooks and class materials will be provided.
Participants must have completed the NIST Handbook-44 Self Study course found at: http://www.nist.gov/pml/wmd/lmdg/training-materials.cfm
Students must be in attendance for the entire class and actively participate in all in-class activities. You will be assessed on your application of all learning objectives for this course.
This seminar is by invitation only.
There is a registration fee of $130 for this seminar, which will be collected by the host organization, the Central Weights and Measures Association http://www.cwma.net/_resources/dyn/files/75451012z3963995d/_fn/RMFD+Registration.pdf.
Tina Butcher, Michael McGoff, and Josh Nelson Scott Simmons
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 2196
E-mail: tina.butcher [at] nist.gov (tina[dot]butcher[at]nist[dot]gov)