This 2 hour webinar on Software Verification and Validation will focus on the use of Microsoft Excel in calibration laboratories and examine the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements related to software. It will provide guidance and resources for ensuring software quality assurance, documenting evidence of verification and validation, and provide the tools for ongoing software evaluation.
At the end of (or during) this session, using notes and reference materials, you will be able to:
- IDENTIFY which criteria in ISO/IEC 17025 & NIST Handbook 143 address computer system requirements;
- EVALUATE your laboratory administrative procedures covering software quality assurance;
- COMPLETE the Laboratory Software Inventory file;
- LIST examples of Verification and Validation techniques; and
- PERFORM software V&V on a laboratory spreadsheet as Post-Work.
Materials & Supplies:
Handouts and Slides
- Read SAP 10 (attached) and complete the assessment and Answer Question #1 on the Student Notes PRIOR TO THE SESSION.
- The attached Software Inventory and Software Verification and Validation (Form A) (attached) will be required within 30 days of completing the webinar (post-work).
- Session notes (attached) will be required as evidence of successful completion.
- Slides for the session will be sent to confirmed/registered attendees with the log-in URL.
Thursday March 24, 2016
Submit a copy of the Webinar Notes, a Laboratory Software Inventory, and evidence of a Form A completion of a laboratory spreadsheet (submit the completed Form A and a copy of the spreadsheet that is evaluated.) It is expected that the post-work will take 3 to 5 hours of additional time.
Friday May 6, 2016
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, and submission of course post-work assignments (notes, inventory, spreadsheet and its assessment.)
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM. Payment deadline is March 28, 2016.
Georgia L. Harris
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 4014
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar.
- Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
Test your connection:
Quick start guides: