This 1 hour webinar will reinforce the concepts of properly draining 5-gallon test measures and provers. These concepts must be followed to ensure that test measures and provers are used in a wet condition and contain the same amount of liquid at the start of each test to ensure accuracy in measurements from test to test when evaluating retail motor fuel dispensers.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY and DESCRIBE the steps needed to properly drain 5-gallon hand-held test measures and bottom-drain provers.
- IDENTIFY two reasons why it is important to follow NIST Handbook 44 requirements for draining 5-gallon hand-held test measures and bottom drain provers.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Successful completion includes full attendance, full participation in the session activities and discussions.
Although this webinar was designed for weights and measures field inspectors and administrators, industry request for training may be granted after State requests for training are filled.
This webinar is for weights and measures field inspectors and administrators. Industry request for training may be granted after State requests for training are filled. Although industry is charged for participation in some OWM classes, there is no charge for industry participation in this class.
G. Diane Lee
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 4405
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar.
- Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart.php