This 2 hour webinar on Calibration Method Validation will examine the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements (5.4 Test and Calibration Methods and Method Validation) and provide guidance on developing a process for validating a new or modified calibration process.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST Handbook 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY the requirements for calibration method validation;
- DEVELOP a plan for method validation;
- DOCUMENT and PERFORM the calibration method validation process; and
- EVALUATE a calibration method validation process for completeness and appropriateness based on the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
Materials & Supplies:
Handouts and Slides
- Read the attached Excerpt of Section 5.4 from ISO/IEC 17025 and Handbook 143.
- Answer Question #2 on the Student Notes PRIOR TO THE SESSION.
- Slides for the session will be sent to confirmed/registered attendees with the log-in URL.
The deadline for completion of the pre-work is April 13, 2016.
Submit evidence of notes and application examples from the webinar.
The deadline for submission of the post-work to the instructor (gharris [at] nist.gov (gharris[at]nist[dot]gov)) is April 27, 2016.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, and submission of course notes with application examples for participant's laboratory.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199. The payment deadline is Payment is April 17, 2016. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Georgia L. Harris
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 4014
Email: g.harris [at] nist.gov (g[dot]harris[at]nist[dot]gov)
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar.
- Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Quick start guides: http://www.connectusers.com/learning_center/getting_started/quickstart…