This 2 hour webinar introduces the Laboratory Management Review process, an important tool to foster communication between top management and laboratory personnel to improve laboratory operations to produce quality calibrations and highly satisfied customers.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025 and/or NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY management review criteria (Section 4.15) in ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST HB 143 and your laboratory quality manual and related procedures;
- LIST the personnel that should participate in a management review;
- LIST the 11 elements that are typically discussed during a management review;
- SELECT sources of objective evidence that are used during a management review;
- DISCUSS the value and benefits of management reviews; and
- APPLY the management review and process to laboratory scenarios.
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
To complete the pre-work, participants will need the following resources:
- ISO/IEC 17025 (NIST HB 143) Section 4.15 Management Review (http://www.nist.gov/pml/wmd/pubs/upload/hb143_2007_final.pdf).
- Laboratory policy and procedure for conducting a Management Review.
- Laboratory's most recent Management Review.
- If you are planning on opening (or-reopening) a laboratory, please contact the instructor for an alternative pre-work assignment.
Pre-work should be submitted to the instructor COB on Thursday, February 4, 2016.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment and full attendance and active participation in the session activities and discussion.
State Officials ONLY.
Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 3690
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar.
- Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Quick start guides: