This 2 hour webinar introduces the Laboratory Management Review process, an important tool to foster communication between top management and laboratory personnel to improve laboratory operations to produce quality calibrations and highly satisfied customers.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025 and/or NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY management review criteria (Section 4.15) in ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST HB 143 and your laboratory quality manual and related procedures;
- LIST the personnel that should participate in a management review;
- LIST the 11 elements that are typically discussed during a management review;
- SELECT sources of objective evidence that are used during a management review;
- DISCUSS the value and benefits of management reviews; and
- APPLY the management review and process to laboratory scenarios.
The Webcast will be streamed in medium bandwidth (350kbs), so viewers needed to have a constant connection during the webcast.
- Hardware and operating system configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Quick start guides:
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
To complete the pre-work, participants will need the following resources:
- ISO/IEC 17025 (NIST HB 143) Section 4.15 Management Review (http://www.nist.gov/pml/wmd/pubs/upload/hb143_2007_final.pdf).
- Laboratory policy and procedure for conducting a Management Review.
- Laboratory's most recent Management Review.
- If you are planning on opening (or-reopening) a laboratory, please contact the instructor for an alternative pre-work assignment.
Pre-work should be submitted to the instructor COB on Thursday, January 28, 2016.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, participation in the session activities and discussions.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is especially useful for administrative or management staff who participate in management reviews and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the resulting action items. This webinar is especially helpful for laboratory staff and for the managers/administrators involved in the regular management review sessions. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures,
Phone: (301) 975 - 3690