This 2 hour webinar will review and apply Uncertainty Calculations to the Volume Transfer Calibration procedure from the "SOP 19 (18) Part 1" webinar.
When this webinar is completed, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY the components of uncertainty for the SOP 18 process and use them to develop an uncertainty budget
- QUANTIFY the components of uncertainty for the SOP 18 process
- CALCULATE the uncertainty of your SOP 18 process
The Webcast will be streamed in medium bandwidth (350kbs), so viewers needed to have a constant connection during the webcast.
- Hardware and operating system configurations:
Media players In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player. Internet browsers In order to access the event, you must have either Microsoft Internet Explorer (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11) or Mozilla Firefox 3+ browser for Windows operating systems. For accessing events via Mac operating systems you must have Mozilla Firefox 3+ or Safari 4.x. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before: Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
Materials & Supplies:
Participants must have successfully completed NISTIR 7383 SOP 18 Part 1.
- To prepare for this webinar, participation in the April 8 webinar "NISTIR 7383 SOP 19 (18) - Part 1" is required.
- Look over SOPs 18, 19 and 29 one more time.
- Be prepared to discuss the sources of error and your uncertainty budget for your 5 gallon test measure calibration during the webinar.
Complete calibration of a 5 gallon test measure, using either SOP 18 or 19, submitting the calibration report to Val Miller by e-mail or fax (e-mail: val.miller [at] nist.gov (val[dot]miller[at]nist[dot]gov), fax 301-975-8091) by 10 AM Eastern Time Zone on April 9.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion.
Laboratory personnel who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for weights and measures participants only.
Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures
Phone: (301) 975 - 3602
Email: val.miller [at] nist.gov (val[dot]miller[at]nist[dot]gov)