This 1 hour webinar will reinforce the concepts of properly draining 5 gallon test measures and provers. These concepts must be followed to ensure that test measures and provers are used in a wet condition and contain the same amount of liquid at the start of each test to ensure accuracy in measurements from test to test when evaluating retail motor fuel dispensers.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY and DESCRIBE the steps needed to properly drain 5 gallon hand-held test measures and bottom-drain provers
- IDENTIFY two reasons why it is important to follow NIST Handbook 44 requirements for draining 5 gallon hand-held test measures and bottom drain provers.
The Webcast will be streamed in medium bandwidth (350kbs), so viewers needed to have a constant connection during the webcast.
- Hardware and operating system configurations:
Media players In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player. Internet browsers In order to access the event, you must have either Microsoft Internet Explorer (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11) or Mozilla Firefox 3+ browser for Windows operating systems. For accessing events via Mac operating systems you must have Mozilla Firefox 3+ or Safari 4.x. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before: Test your connection: http://nist.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Successful completion includes full attendance, full participation in the session activities and discussions, and completing an online evaluation after the course.
This webinar is for weights and measures field officials and administrators of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce.
This webinar is for weights and measures field officials and administrators only. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials are funded by NIST OWM.
G. Diane Lee
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 4405
Email: diane.lee [at] nist.gov (diane[dot]lee[at]nist[dot]gov)