This 2 hour webinar will introduce concepts necessary to successfully implement ISO/IEC 17025 compliant calibration certificates within the laboratory and evaluate service provider certificates for compliance.
At the end of this 2-hour session, using notes and reference materials, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST HB 143 criteria related to the evaluation of calibration certificates (Sections 4.6 and 5.10);
- DESCRIBE common nonconformities that can occur when reporting measurement results, including SI unit and symbol errors;
- EMPLOY template job aids, checklists and other tools that can be used to successfully complete a calibration certificate review;
- ANALYZE "real world" certificate examples to discover nonconformities and propose appropriate corrective, preventive, and improvement actions.
You will need the following to participate in the webinar:
- Computer or laptop
- Internet browser, a broadband connection is recommended
- Telephone. Optional: a telephone headset
Materials & Supplies:
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, and completing an on-line evaluation after the course.
The current fee for webinars is $199. However, registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
State laboratory staff who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help prepare, review, file calibration reports for the lab, or review calibration reports that are submitted for service agents working in your weights and measures jurisdictions. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 3602