This 2 hour webinar on Software Verification and Validation will focus on the use of Microsoft Excel in calibration laboratories and examine the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements related to software. It will provide guidance and resources for ensuring software quality assurance, documenting evidence of verification and validation, and provide the tools for ongoing software evaluation.
At the end of (or during) this session, using notes and reference materials, you will be able to:
- Identify which criteria in ISO/IEC 17025 & NIST Handbook 143 address computer system requirements;
- Evaluate your laboratory administrative procedures covering software quality assurance;
- Complete the Laboratory Software Inventory file; and
- List examples of Verification and Validation techniques and use them to perform V&V on your spreadsheets.
You will need the following to participate in the webinar:
- Computer or laptop
- Internet connection, a broadband connection is recommended
- Optional: a telephone headset
Materials & Supplies:
Handouts and Slides
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, submitting course notes, and completing an on-line evaluation after the course.
Laboratory staff who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Georgia L. Harris,
Office of Weights and Measures,
Phone: (301) 975 - 4014