This 2 hour webinar will consider internal auditing techniques and best practices that are used by a metrology laboratory to comply with ISO/IEC 17025 criteria. There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes and ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST HB 143, you will:
- IDENTIFY internal auditing criteria (Section 4.14) in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 & NIST HB 143:2007;
- IDENTIFY the steps of an audit cycle;
- DESCRIBE the difference between a "desk audit," "functional audit," "technical audit," and "management system audit";
- IDENTIFY template checklists and other tools that can be used to successfully document the audit process; and
- APPLY best practices to conduct an effective internal management system audit within your laboratory.
You will need the following to participate in the webinar:
- Computer or laptop
- Internet browser, a broadband connection is recommended
- Telephone. Optional: a telephone headset
Materials & Supplies:
Laboratory staff who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants. This webinar is also useful for administrative or management staff who help with conducting internal audits or review/monitor action items and their effectiveness resulting from internal audits.
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Successful Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, if any, full attendance, full participation in the session activities and discussion and completing an on-line evaluation after the course.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a web link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures,
(301) 975 - 3690