Registration is now closed.
There was no registration fee to attend this workshop; however all attendees needed to be pre-registered. There was no on-site registration.
NIST was in the process of developing a DRAFT Special Publication on the Cryptographic Key Management Design Framework. The draft was scheduled for release for an initial public comment period in June 2010.
The development of the document was discussed at this workshop and included preliminary discussions about a U.S. government profile of the design framework document. The format of the workshop included general sessions on Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, and two breakout sessions on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.
Workshop Program (pdf)
Presentations and Documentation
- Draft Special Publication 800-130, A Framework for Designing Cryptographic Key Management Systems
- A Summary of Public Comments on Draft Cryptographic Key Management Framework
- Overview of NIST Cryptographic Key Management Profile for Federal Government Applications
- Profile Breakout Session Instructions
- Framework Results (Group A)
- Framework Results (Group D)
- Profile Results (Group A)
- Profile Results (Group D)
- Workshop Summary
Webcast (registration was not required)
Webcast sessions were limited to the General sessions only:
September 20 (9:00am - 1:00pm)
September 21 (9:00am - 11:15am)
September 21 (3:00pm - 5:00pm)
The webcast was available at: http://www.ebmcdn.net/nist/flash/nist-player/nist-092010.html
Related: Cryptographic Key Management Project
National Institute of Standards and Technology