The Secure Systems and Applications (SSA) Group’s security research focuses on identifying emerging and high-priority technologies, and on developing security solutions that will have a high impact on the U.S. critical information infrastructure. The group conducts research and development on behalf of government and industry from the earliest stages of technology development through proof-of-concept, reference and prototype implementations, and demonstrations. SSA works to transfer new technologies to industry, produce new standards and guidance for federal agencies and industry, and develop tests, test methodologies, and assurance methods.
For more information regarding the Secure Systems and Applications Group, visit the CSRC website.
Projects / Programs
- Access Control Policy and Implementation Guides
- Access Control Policy Testing
- AppVet Mobile App Vetting System
- Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC)
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Security and Forensics
- NIST Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Program
- Personal Identity Verification
- Policy Machine
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)