International Customer/Sponsor Resources
It is recommended that potential NIST customers/sponsors use the NIST Organic Act International Template for preparing reimbursable agreements. This NIST agreement template is fillable and contains all the information needed to ensure expedited processing and acceptance of reimbursable agreements.
Customers who choose to use their own format or template may do so, however, please note that in order to complete the reimbursable agreement process, the customer/sponsor must ensure the following information is included:
1. The name and contact information of both parties involved in the agreement. Specifically:
- Name and contact information for your organization's Administrative, Financial and Technical representatives.
- Name and contact information for the individual in your organization to whom financial reports will be sent (if required).
2. A description of the purpose (a general description of the goods/services for which the customer is paying).
3. Transfer authority: NIST Organic Act 15 USC §§ 273, 275a, and 278b, which authorizes NIST to exercise its functions for other organizations and to receive reimbursement or advance payment based upon fixed prices or actual costs.
4. NIST statutory (programmatic) authority citation (NIST Principle Investigator can provide appropriate citation).
5. Terms and Conditions that include:
- The total estimated cost;
- Statement that NIST will be reimbursed for all costs incurred;
- Work to be undertaken and deliverables to be provided;
- Contractor language, if contractors will be used in performing work (see section 4(D) of the NIST Organic Act International Template)
- Financial assistance language, if students or US citizens working under the authority of 15 USC 278g-1 will be used in performing work (see section 4(E) of the NIST Organic Act International Template)
- Financial assistance language if employees or agents of recipients working under a NIST financial assistance award will be used in performing work (see section 4(F) of the NIST Organic Act International Template).
6. Wire Payment Instructions for advanced payment to NIST.
Payments may also be sent by wire using the US Department of Teasure FEDWIRE system and it can be done so to the following bank:
Treas NYC (Account is with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
U.S. Dept. of Treasury
33 Liberty Street
New York, New York 10045
In Payment Details field, CL329920001
Account Name: TREAS NYC/CTR/BNF=NIST/AC-13060001
NIST cannot accept wire payments made through the Swift system' only FEDWIRE. Therefore, NIST does not have a Swift code.
Our account number and name are of critical importance and must be referenced in order for NIST to be properly credited with your payment. It must appear in the precise manner shown to allow for the automated processing and classification of the funds transfer message. In addition, please refer to the NIST invoice/receivable number, your purchase order number, your country, and any other pertinent information that would help us identify what your company is paying.
This transfer of funds can only be accomplished by your company going through a U.S. Correspondent Bank or by having your country's central bank send a swift telecommunication system message to the Federal Reserve Bank. Be sure to cover any processing fees your bank may charge you.If you need any additional information, please contact by phone on 301-975-3880, by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax on 301-975-8943.
7. The duration and termination date of the agreement.
8. A termination/cancellation clause (a provision permitting either party to unilaterally cancel/terminate the agreement with advance written notice).
9. The agreement should contain the following or equivalent early-termination costs provision, "If [customer's/sponsor's organization] terminates the agreement, NIST is authorized to collect costs incurred prior to cancellation of the agreement plus any termination costs".
10. A dispute-resolution provision (see section 8 of the NIST Organic Act International Template).
11. Signature lines for each party to sign the final agreement.