Specific SED contributions include:
- Leadership in the establishment of a high standard of statistical practice within NIST via interactions with technical staff, publications, workshops, and seminars.
- Design and analysis of experiments, and evaluation of measurement uncertainties for the NIST Standard Reference Materials (SRM) and Calibration Programs.
- Design and analysis of experiments, and evaluation of protocols and processes associated with NIST scientific endeavors.
- Support of NIST industrial clients engaged in the design and analysis of experiments.
- Development of statistical and probabilisitic models for physical science and engineering applications.
- Development of statistical methodology to enhance collaborative research with other NIST laboratories.
- Advancement of statistical methodology via development of algorithms and software.
- Transfer of statistically-based measurement methodology to industry through direct interactions with industrial clients, publications, workshops, and seminars.