- SRMs 930x, 1930, 2930, and 2031x should be recertified every two years.
- The current price for recertification of SRMs 930x, 1930, and 2930 is 1473.00 USD, for SRM 2030 is 1072.00 USD, and for SRM 2031x is 2076.00 USD.
- You do not need a Return Authorization Number to send your filters.
- Provide your return method of shipment (UPS, FedEx) with account number.
- Required information: Company Name, Shipping Address, Billing Address, Filter Type (for example, SRM 930d), Filter Set Number (for example, set 311), the taxpayer identification number (TIN, for U.S. customers only), and a Contact Name with E-mail Address and/or Phone Number.
- If you are paying by purchase order, then in addition to the information above, we require the P.O. number and the value of the P.O. in U.S. dollars.
- If you are paying by credit card, please request Credit Card Authorization Form.
- If you wish to pay by wire transfer see below.
- Prepayment required for international orders.
You may choose one of three ways to provide the required information:
- The best way is to type all the required information onto one sheet of paper, put it in an envelope, and pack the envelope inside the box with your filters.
- Alternatively, you may e-mail the list of required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last option is to put a purchase order inside the box with your filters. However, please note that some purchase orders do not contain all the information listed above. Check your paperwork carefully. If any of the required information is missing, the return of your filters will be significantly delayed.
Send your filters to:
NIST 100 Bureau Drive
Building 301, Receiving
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
Attention: 227/B212 Optical Filters Program
- Mavrodineanu, R., An Accurate Spectrophotometer for Measuring the Transmittance of Solid and Liquid Materials, NBS Journal of Research 76A, No. 5, pp. 405-425, (1972).
- SP 260-81 - Accuracy in Analytical Spectrophotometry, pp. 46 - 66.
- J. C. Travis, M. V. Smith, S. J. Choquette, and Hung-kung Liu, "Certified Transmittance Density Uncertainties for Standard Reference Materials using a Transfer Spectrophotometer," NIST Technical Note 1715, (2011).
Below is the bank information you will need if you intend to pay by wire transfer.
Our account number and name are of critical importance and must be referenced in order for NIST to be properly credited with your payment. It must appear in the precise manner shown to allow for the automated processing and classification of the funds transfer message.
The purchase order number, your country, and the words "Recertification of optical filters: contact Melody Smith, ext. 8534" must also appear on the transfer paperwork.
This transfer of funds can only be accomplished by your company going through a U.S. correspondent bank or by having your country's central bank send a swift telecommunication system message to the federal reserve bank.
Be sure to pay for any processing fees your bank may include.
If you have questions regarding the wire transfer process, contact Julie Weiblinger (Finance Division) at 301-975-2173 (ph), or 301-975-8943 (fax).
Treas NYC (Account is with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
U.S. Department of Treasury
FMS-Banking Operations Branch
3700 East West Highway, Room A505
Hyattsville, MD 20782
Phone (202) 874-6617
Account Number 13060001
Account Name - TREAS NYC/CTR/BNF=/NIST/AC-13060001
OUR ACCOUNT NUMBER AND NAME ARE OF CRITICAL IMPORTANCE AND MUST BE REFERENCED IN ORDER FOR NIST TO BE PROPERLY CREDITED WITH YOUR PAYMENT. IT MUST APPEAR IN THE PRECISE MANNER SHOWN TO ALLOW FOR THE AUTOMATED PROCESSING AND CLASSIFICATION OF THE FUNDS TRANSFER MESSAGE. IN ADDITION, PLEASE REFER TO THE NIST INVOICE NUMBER, YOUR PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER, YOUR COUNTRY, AND ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION THAT WOULD HELP US IDENTIFY WHAT YOUR COMPANY IS PAYING.
THIS TRANSFER OF FUNDS CAN ONLY BE ACCOMPLISHED BY YOUR COMPANY GOING THROUGH A U.S. CORRESPONDENT BANK OR BY HAVING YOUR COUNTRY'S CENTRAL BANK SEND A SWIFT TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM MESSAGE TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK. BE SURE TO COVER ANY PROCESSING FEES YOUR BANK MAY CHARGE YOU.