Current research interests in self-assembly and supramolecular assembly of polymers and polyelectrolytes for advanced materials in drug delivery, organic electronics, and formulations. Expertise in leading research for the Semiconductor industry by development of methods to determine resolution limits of photo-patternable polymer thin films. Developer of new methods to measure the redox transformations of aqueous dispersed nanoparticles towards oxidative stress mechanisms. Active in the scientific community through chair, at-large member and committee participation. Experimental expertise and interests in the development and application of static and dynamic light scattering, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, and x-ray and neutron scattering and reflectivity for polymer research.
Awards and Honors:
Recent External Service:
Recent Invited Presentations:
59. S. Ali and VM Prabhu, Characterization of the Ultralow Interfacial Tension in Liquid−Liquid Phase Separated Polyelectrolyte Complex Coacervates by the Deformed Drop Retraction Method, Macromolecules 52, 7495-7502 (2019).
58. S Adhikar, VM Prabhu, and M Muthukumar, Lower Critical Solution Temperature Behavior in Polyelectrolyte Complex Coacervates, Macromolecules 52, 6998-7004 (2019).
57. S Ali, M Bleuel, VM Prabhu, Lower Critical Solution Temperature in Polyelectrolyte Complex Coacervates, ACS Macro Letters, 8, 289-293 (2019).
56. M Andreev, VM Prabhu, JF Douglas, M Tirrell, JJ de Pablo, Complex Coacervation in Polyelectrolytes from a Coarse-Grained Model, Macromolecules 51, 6717 (2018).
55. A Rahalkar, G Wei, R Nieuwendaal, VM Prabhu, S Srivastava, AE Levi, JJ de Pablo, MV Tirrell, Effect of temperature on the structure and dynamics of triblock polyelectrolyte gels, J. Chem. Phys. 149, 163310 (2018).
54. S Ali and VM Prabhu, Relaxation Behavior by Time-Salt and Time-Temperature Superpositions of Polyelectrolyte Complexes from Coacervate to Precipitate, Gels 4, 11 (2018).
53. S Venkataraman, KP Mineart, JL Hedrick, YY Yang and VM Prabhu, Cholesterol functionalized aliphatic N-substituted 8-membered cyclic carbonate, Polymer Chemistry, 9, 2434 (2018).
52. KP Mineart, S Venkataraman, YY Yang, JL Hedrick and VM Prabhu, Fabrication and Characterization of Hybrid Stealth Liposomes, Macromolecules, 51, 3184 (2018).
51. Y Yang, V Reipa, G Liu, Y Meng, XH Wang, KP Mineart, VM Prabhu, WY Shi, NJ Lin, XS He, JR Sun,, pH-Sensitive Compounds for Selective Inhibition of Acid-Producing Bacteria, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 10, 8566 (2018).
50. KP Mineart, EG Kelley, M Nagao, VM Prabhu, Processing-structure relationships of poly(ethylene glycol)-modified liposomes, Soft Matter, 13, 5228 (2017).
49. GM Wei, S Venkataraman, JL Hedrick, YY Yang and VM Prabhu, Enthalpy-driven micellization of oligocarbonate-fluorene end-functionalized Poly(ethylene glycol), Polymer, 134, 94 (2018).
48. GM Wei, VM Prabhu, VA Piunova, AC Carr, WC Swope, RD Miller, Spatial Distribution of Hydrophobic Drugs in Model Nanogel-Core Star Polymers, Macromolecules, 50, 9702 (2017).
47. GM Wei, S Venkataraman, VM Prabhu, JL Hedrick, and YY Yang. Self-Assembly and Dynamics Driven by oligocarbonate Fluorene End-Functionalized Poly(ethylene glycol) ABA Triblock Copolymers, Macromolecules, 50, 1090 (2017).
46. S Srivastava, M Andreev, AE Levi, DJ Goldfeld, J Mao, WT Heller, VM Prabhu, JJ de Pablo and MV Tirrell. Gel phase formation in dilute triblock copolyelectrolyte complexes, Nature Communications DOI: 10.1038/ncomms14131 (2017).
45. VM Prabhu, V Reipa, AJ Rondinone, E Formo and PV Bonnesen, Development of in situ Electrochemical Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (eSANS) for Simultaneous Structure and Redox Characterization of Nanoparticles Material, ECS Transactions, 72 (2) 179-188 (2016). Invited Article.
44.V.M. Prabhu et al. "Equilibrium self-assembly, structure and dynamics of clusters of star-like micelles," ACS Macro Letters, 4, 1128 (2015).
43.V.M. Prabhu et al. "Star-like structure of oligocarbonate-fluorene end-functionalized poly(ethylene glycol) ABA triblock copolymers below the gel point." Macromolecular Symposia, 358, 157-169 (2015).
42.S Venkataraman, AL Lee,HT Maune, JL Hedrick, VM Prabhu, YY Yang, Formation of Disk- and Stacked-Disk-like Self-Assembled Morphologies from Cholesterol-Functionalized Amphiphilic Polycarbonate Diblock Copolymers, Macromolecules, 46(12), 4839 (2013).
41. R.E. Cavicchi, D.C. Meier, C. Presser, V.M. Prabhu, S. Guha, Single Laser Pulse Effects on Suspended-Au-Nanoparticle Size Distributions and Morphology, J. Phys. Chem. C 117(20), 10866-10875 (2013).
40. N Shin, J Kang, LJ Richter, VM Prabhu, RJ Kline, DA Fischer, DM DeLongchamp, MF Toney, SK Satija, DJ Gundlach, B Purushothaman, JE Anthony, DY Yoon "Vertically Segregated Structure and Properties of Small Molecule–Polymer Blend Semiconductors for Organic Thin-Film Transistors" Advanced Functional Materials 23 (3) 366-376 (2013).
39.VM Prabhu, S Kang, J Sha, PV Bonnesen, SK Satija, WL Wu, CK Ober,"Neutron Reflectivity Characterization of the Photoacid Reaction-Diffusion Latent and Developed Images of Molecular Resists for Extreme Ultraviolet Lithography," Langmuir,28,7665(2012).
37.VM Prabhu, S Kang, RJ Kline, DM DeLongchamp, DA Fischer, WL Wu, SK Satija, PV Bonnesen, J Sha, CK Ober,"Characterization of the Non-uniform Reaction in Chemically Amplified Calixresorcinarene Molecular Resist Thin Films," Aus. J. of Chem., 64, 1065(2011).
36. YS Chung, N Shin, J Kang, Y Jo, VM Prabhu, SK Satija, RJ Kline, DM DeLongchamp, MF Toney, MA Loth, B Purushothaman, JE Anthony, DY Yoon, "Zone-refinement effect in small molecule-polymer blend semiconductors for organic thin-film transistors," J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 133, 414 (2011).
35. KA Lavery, VM Prabhu, S Satija, WL Wu, "Lateral uniformity in chemical composition along a buried reaction front in polymers using off-specular reflectivity," J. of Physics-Condensed Matter, 22, 474001 (2010).
33. RJ Murphy, D Pristinski, K Migler, JF Douglas, VM Prabhu, "Dynamic light scattering investigations of nanoparticle aggregation following a light-induced pH jump," Journal of Chemical Physics, 132, 194903(2010).
32. S Kang, VM Prabhu, CL Soles, EK Lin, W-L Wu, "Characterization of the Photoacid Diffusion Length and Reaction Kinetics in EUV Photoresists with IR Spectroscopy," Macromolecules, 43(9), 4275-4286 (2010).
31. J Sha, J-K Lee, S Kang, VM Prabhu, CL Soles, PV Bonnesen and CK Ober, "Architectural effects on acid reaction-diffusion kinetics in molecular glass photoresists," Chemistry of Materials, 22 (10), 3093–3098(2010).
29. DL VanderHart, VM Prabhu, A De Silva, NM Felix, and CK Ober, "Solid state NMR investigations of photoresist molecular glasses including blend behavior with a photoacid generator," Journal of Materials Chemistry, 19, 2683(2009).
27. DL VanderHart, VM Prabhu, K Lavery, C Dennis, A Rao, and EK Lin, "Thin film solid-state NMR measurements using a synthetic mica substrate: polymer blends," Journal of Magnetic Resonance, 201(1), 100-110(2009).
26. WE Wallace, KM Flynn, CM Guttman, DL VanderHart, VM Prabhu, A De Silva, NM Felix, CK Ober, "Quantitative Measurement of the Polydispersity in the Extent of Functionalization of Two Glass Forming Resorcinarenes, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry," 23(13), 1957(2009).
24. J Kang, N Shin, DY Jang, VM Prabhu, DY Yoon, "Structure and Properties of Small Molecule-Polymer Blend Semiconductors for Organic Thin Film Transistors," Journal of the American Chemical Society, 130, 12273-12275(2008).
23. K A Lavery, VM Prabhu, EK Lin, W-L Wu, SK Satija, K-W Choi, M Wormington, "Lateral length scales of latent image roughness as determined by off-specular neutron reflectivity," Applied Physics Letters, 92(1), 064106(2008).
22. VM Prabhu, BD Vogt, S Kang, A Rao, EK Lin, SK Satija, "Direct measurement of the spatial extent of the in situ developed latent image by neutron reflectivity," Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 25(6)2514-2520(2007).
21.S Kang, BD Vogt, W-L Wu, VM Prabhu, DL VanderHart, A Rao, EK Lin, and K Turnquest, "Characterization of compositional heterogeneity in chemically amplified photoresist polymer thin films with infrared spectroscopy," Macromolecules, 40,1497-1503(2007).
20. BD Vogt, S Kang, VM Prabhu, A Rao, EK Lin, W-L Wu, S K Satija, and K Turnquest, "Influence of base additives on the reaction diffusion front of model chemically amplified photoresists," Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 25,175-182(2007).
19. VM Prabhu, S Sambasivan, D Fischer, LK Sundberg, and RD Allen, "Quantitative depth profiling of photoacid generators in photoresist materials by near-edge x-ray absorption fine structure spectroscopy," Applied Surface Science, 253(2), 1010-1014 (2006).
18. K Lavery, BD Vogt, VM Prabhu, K-W Choi, EK Lin, W-L Wu, S Satija, "Exposure dose effects on the reaction-diffusion process in model EUV photoresists," Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 24, 3044-3048 (2006).
17. BD Vogt, S Kang, VM Prabhu, EK Lin, SK Satija, K Turnquest, and W-L Wu, "Measurements of the reaction-diffusion front of model chemically amplified photoresists with varying photoacid size," Macromolecules, 39, 8311-8317(2006).
15. S Kang, V M Prabhu, B D Vogt, EK Lin, W-L Wu, K Turnquest, "Copolymer fraction effect on acid catalyzed deprotection reaction kinetics in model 193 nm photoresists," Polymer, 47(18),6293-6302(2006).
13. BD Vogt, HJ Lee, VM Prabhu, DM DeLongchamp, EK Lin, W-L Wu, SK Satija, "X-ray and neutron reflectivity measurements of moisture transport through model multilayered barrier films for flexible displays," Journal of Applied Physics, 97(11) 114509(2005).
12. BD Vogt, CL Soles, CY Wang, VM Prabhu, PM McGuiggan, JF Douglas, EK Lin, W-L Wu, SK Satija, DL Goldfarb, M Angelopoulos, "Water immersion of model photoresists: interfacial influences on water concentration and surface morphology," Journal of Microlithography Microfabrication and Microsystems, 4 (1) 013003(2005).
10. VM Prabhu, BD Vogt, W-L Wu, JF Douglas, EK Lin, SK Satija, DL Goldfarb, H Ito, "Direct measurement of the counterion distribution within swollen polyelectrolyte films," Langmuir, 21(15), 6647-6651(2005).
9. N Noda, Y-H Lee, AJ Bur, VM Prabhu, CR Snyder, SC Roth, M McBrearty, "Dielectric properties of nylon 6/clay nanocomposites from on-line process monitoring and off-line measurements," Polymer, 46 (18), 7201-7217(2005).
7. DL VanderHart, VM Prabhu, EK Lin, "Proton NMR determination of miscibility in a bulk model photoresist system: Poly(4-hydroxystyrene) and the photoacid generator, di(t-butylphenyl) iodonium perfluorooctane sulfonate," Chemistry of Materials, 16 (16), 3074-3084 (2004).
6. RL Jones, VM Prabhu, DL Goldfarb, EK Lin, CL Soles, JL Lenhart, W-L Wu, and M Angelopoulos, "Correlation of the reaction front with roughness in chemically amplified photoresists," ACS Symposium Series, Polymers for Microelectronics and Nanoelectronics, Oxford University Press, Washington DC, 874, 86-97(2004).
5. VM Prabhu, EK Lin, "Advanced Measurements for Photoresist Fundamentals," Semiconductor Fabtech International Quarterly, 24, 99-103 (2004).
4. EL Jablonski, VM Prabhu, S Sambasivan, EK Lin, DA Fischer, DL Goldfarb, M Angelopoulos, H Ito, "Near edge x-ray absorption fine structure measurements of surface segregation in 157 nm photoresist blends," Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 21(6) 3162-3165(2003)
1. VM Prabhu, M Muthukumar, GD Wignall, YB Melnichenko, "Dimensions of polyelectrolyte chains and concentration fluctuations in semi dilute solutions of sodium-poly(styrene sulfonate) as measured by small-angle neutron scattering," Polymer, 42, 8935-8946 (2001).