Current research interests in self-assembly and supramolecular assembly of polymers and polyelectrolytes for advanced materials in drug delivery, organic electronics, and formulations. Expertise in leading research for the Semiconductor industry by development of methods to determine resolution limits of photo-patternable polymer thin films. Developer of new methods to measure the redox transformations of aqueous dispersed nanoparticles towards oxidative stress mechanisms. Active in the scientific community through chair, at-large member and committee participation. Experimental expertise and interests in the development and application of static and dynamic light scattering, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, and x-ray and neutron scattering and reflectivity for polymer research.
- 2021-present: Group Leader, Polymers and Complex Fluids
- 2019-2021: acting Group Leader, Polymers and Complex Fluids
- 2015 -present: Project Leader, Polyelectrolyte Solutions and Gels
- 2007-2013:Project Leader, Nanoparticle Assembly
- 2003-2010: Project Leader, Polymers for Next Generation Lithography
- 2003-Present: Chemical Engineer, Materials Science and Engineering Division (Polymers Division)
- 2001-2003: NRC-NIST Postdoctoral Fellow, Polymers Division
Awards and Honors:
- APS Fellow (2021)
- NIST MML Mentor Accolades (2020)
- ACS PMSE Fellow (2020)
- ACS Award for Team Innovation (w/ C. Soles, E. Lin, and W. Wu) (2019)
- MML Grass Roots Safety Award (2014)
- Sigma Xi Young Investigator Award (2010)
- NIST Slichter Award (2007)
- National Academy of Engineering Frontiers of Engineering (2005)
- NRC-NIST Postdoctoral Fellowship (2001-2003)
- NIH Chemistry-Biology Interface fellowship (1999-2001)
Recent External Service:
- APS Division of Polymer Physics (DPOLY) Secretary-Treasurer (2021-present)
- Member, IDA/Microsystems Exploratory Council (2020-2023)
- ACS PMSE Fellows Section Committee (2017-present)
- Chair, CNMS User Executive Committee, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2014).
- SRC Member, Neutron Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2014-2017)
- Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS) User Executive Committee,Oak Ridge National Laboratory(2011-2015).
- Program Advisory Committee, SPIE Microlithography Conference (2006-2010).
- American Physical Society (DPOLY)
- American Chemical Society (PMSE, POLY)