Mark R. Stoudt
1991- present Materials Research Engineer - Materials Performance Group
1986-1991 Materials Engineer - Corrosion Group
2000 The Johns Hopkins University PhD in Materials Science and Engineering "The Influence of Cu-Ni Multilayered Thin Film Coatings on the Fatigue Behavior of Copper"
1992 The Johns Hopkins University MSE in Materials Science and Engineering "Characterization of the Hydrogen-Induced Cold Cracking
Susceptibility at Weld Zones in HSLA-100 Steel"
1985 The Pennsylvania State University BSE in Metallurgical Engineering
1980 The Pennsylvania State University ASE in Chemical Engineering
Characterization and modeling of deformed surfaces, Surface roughness, Mechanical properties, Metal forming, Scanning laser confocal microscopy, Atomic force microscopy, Environmentally-induced cracking
2012 William P. Slichter Award, NIST
1997 ASM International, Washington DC Chapter President's Award Given in recognition of exceptional service to the national society from the local chapter level.
Professional Society Activities
- ASM International, Washington DC Chapter
- Present Senior Advisor / At large member of Executive Committee
- 1998-1999 Chapter Chairman
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Member of G-01 Corrosion of Metals
- TMS Vice-Chairman of Shaping and Forming Committee Member of Mechanical Behavior Committee
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Member of the Ferrous Alloys Committee