- 2016-present: Research chemist and NIST liaison to CHiMaD
- 2014-2016: NRC Postdoctoral Research Associate, NIST
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2014
- B.A., Chemistry, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2007
Katie works at NIST to develop, test, and apply computational tools to better understand electrochemical reactions on metallic surfaces. She additionally is the NIST liaison to CHiMaD, the Center for Hierarchical Materials Design. She completed her PhD in chemistry at Cornell University, under Tomas Arias, and her thesis work focused on exploring new methods for describing solvation for quantum chemical calculations.
Please contact Katie for information about postdoctoral opportunities.
Professional Awards and Recognition
- NIST NRC Fellowship, 2014-2016
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, 2009
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship, 2005
See Google Scholar for recent publications.