Geoffrey B. McFadden
• NIST Fellow, NIST, 2004 - Present
•Leader, Mathematical Modeling Group, NIST, 1999-2010
•Mathematician, NIST, 1982-1999
•Research Scientist/NSF Postgraduate Fellow, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU, 1979-1982
•Research Assistant/NSF Graduate Fellow, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU, 1975-1979
- Ph.D. (Mathematics), Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, New York, NY, 1979.
- M.S. (Mathematics), Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, New York, NY, 1977.
- B.A. (Chemical Physics, Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics), Rice University, Houston, TX, 1975.
Geoffrey B. McFadden is a mathematician in the Mathematical Modeling and Analysis Group of the Applied and Computational Mathematics Division in the NIST Information Technology Laboratory. His main interests are in applied mathematics, mathematical modeling, and scientific computing. He has worked extensively on diffuse interface models of phase transitions in materials science with colleagues in the NIST Material Measurement Laboratory. He has served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Computational Physics, the SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, the Journal of Crystal Growth, and Interfaces and Free Boundaries. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society, the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, and the Washington Academy of Sciences.
• W.J. Boettinger, M.E. Williams, K.-W. Moon, G.B. McFadden, P. N. Patrone, J. H. Perepezco, Interdiffusion in the Ne-Re System: Evaluation of Uncertainties, Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion 38 (2017) 750–763. DOI: 10.1007/s11669-017-0562-7
• Sean Colbert-Kelly, Geoffrey B. McFadden, Daniel Phillips, and Jie Shen, Numerical Analysis and Simulation for a Generalized Planar Ginzburg-Landau Equation in a Circular Geometry, Communications in Mathematical Sciences 15 (2017) 329-357. DOI: 10.4310/CMS.2017.v15.n2.a3
• R.F. Sekerka, G.B. McFadden, and W.J. Boettinger, Analytic Derivation of the Sauer-Friese Flux Equation for Multicomponent Mutiphase Diffusion Couples with Variable Partial Molar Volumes, Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion 37 (2016) 640-650. DOI: 10.1007/s11669-016-0500-0
• Y. Mishin, G.B. McFadden, R.F. Sekerka, and W.J. Boettinger, Sharp Interface Model of Creep Deformation in Crystalline Solids, Physical Review B 92 (2015) 064113. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.92.064113
• Augustin Luna, Geoffrey B. McFadden, Mirit I. Aladjem, and Kirk W. Kohn, Predicted Role of NAD Utilization in the Control of Circadian Rhythms during DNA Damage Response, PLOS Computational Biology 11 (2015) e1004144. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004144
• R.F. Sekerka, G.B. McFadden, and S.R. Coriell, Morphological Stability, in Handbook of Crystal Growth, Vol. I, 2nd ed, (2015) 595-630. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-444-56369-9.00014-9
• A. Rieman, N.M. Ferraro, A. Turnbull, et al., Tokamak Plasma High Field Side Response to an n=3 Magnetic Perturbation: a Comparison from Seven Different Codes, Nuclear Fusion 55 (2015) 063026. DOI: 10.1088/0029-5515/55/6/063026