This Bulletin provides an update on forensic science standards moving through the development process at Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs), and those that are moving through the Registry Approval Process at the Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science (OSAC).
Items of note in this Bulletin include:
- Two Disaster Victim Identification standards have been placed on the OSAC Registry.
- Three documents are open for comment for placement on the OSAC Registry (two Facial Identification documents and one Interdisciplinary document).
- The AAFS Standards Board (ASB) has 11 documents open for comment (one Toxicology document, one Footwear & Tire document, two Bloodstain Pattern Analysis documents, five DNA documents, one Anthropology document, one Footwear & Tire document).
- ASTM has one document open for comment (standard practice for report writing of forensic primer gunshot residue).
- Register now for the Evidence Management Conference being hosted by NIST and the NIJ on October 2-4.