This Bulletin provides an update on forensic science standards that are moving through the development process at Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs), and those that are moving through the Registry Approval Process at the Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science (OSAC).
Items of note:
- The AAFS Standards Board (ASB) has published seven new standards (six Wildlife Forensic standards and one Bloodstain Pattern Analysis standard).
- ASTM E2917-19: Standard Practice for Forensic Science Practitioner Training, Continuing Education, and Professional Development Programs is open for comment for placement on the OSAC Registry.
- ANSI/ASB Best Practice Recommendation 037, Guidelines for Opinions and Testimony in Forensic Toxicology, First Edition is open for comment for placement on the OSAC Registry.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories moved to the Comment Adjudication Phase in the OSAC Registry Approval Process.
- Join us at two upcoming events in June.