NIST will host its Sixth Lightweight Cryptography Workshop (virtual) on June 21-22, 2023. The aim of the workshop is to explain the selection process and to discuss various aspects of lightweight cryptography standardization.
NIST is soliciting research and discussion papers, surveys, presentations, panel proposals, case studies, and participation from all interested parties.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Standardization of the Ascon family
- Security results on the Ascon family, including security proofs and cryptanalysis of weakened versions
- New optimized implementations of the Ascon family, including protected implementations
- Use of Ascon in real-world applications of lightweight cryptography
- Systematization of knowledge relevant to the NIST lightweight cryptography standardization process
Submissions must be provided electronically in PDF format and sent to lwc2023 [at] nist.gov (lwc2023[at]nist[dot]gov). NIST will post the accepted papers and presentations on the workshop website; however, no formal proceedings will be published.
- Submission deadline: May 1, 2023
- Notification date: May 19, 2023
- Registration deadline: TBD
- Workshop: June 21-22, 2023
Inquiries: lwc2023 [at] nist.gov (subject: Inquiry%3A%20Lightweight%20Cryptography%20Workshop%202023) (lwc2023[at]nist[dot]gov)