This year’s topic is RADIATION TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE FUTURE. This is a great opportunity to participate in fruitful and stimulating discussions and listen to more than 50 outstanding speakers on a diverse number of topics in ionizing radiation and identify needs for Measurement Standards. Topics include the fields of medical physics, radiation protection, advances in detector instrumentation, radiation processing, materials modification, space applications, microdosimetry, imaging, radiation biology, radiation therapy and diagnostics, emergency response to nuclear events and more. The meeting is composed of morning plenary presentations and afternoon parallel working group sessions.
In addition, novel cutting edge technologies in ionizing radiation will be discussed in various fields. For example, come and hear about:
- DARPA’s Electrical (Medical) Prescription program and its application to ionizing radiation, https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2015-10-05
- The challenges & needs to be addressed in the Breakthrough Starshot Mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ixojIvymxM
- How Big Data and Machine Learning will help improve radiation treatments
- DNA Dosimetry
- ASTM Standards & Innovation
- The future of Radiation Processing and Sterilization
- And more ….
Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, February 26, 2018
Submit Your Abstract Here