This 2 hour webinar on Calibration Method Validation will examine the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements (5.4 Test and Calibration Methods and Method Validation) and provide guidance on developing a process for validating a new or modified calibration process.
At the end of (or during) this session, using your notes and resources provided, along with applicable sections of ISO/IEC 17025 or NIST Handbook 143, you will:
- Identify the requirements for calibration method validation;
- Develop a plan for method validation;
- Document and perform the calibration method validation process; and
- Evaluate a calibration method validation process for completeness and appropriateness based on the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
You will need the following to participate in the webinar:
- Computer or laptop
- Internet connection, a broadband connection is recommended
- Optional: a telephone headset
Materials & Supplies:
Completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance and participation in the session activities and discussion, submission of course notes, and completing an on-line evaluation after the course.
Laboratory staff who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the quality management system in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation. This course is available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Georgia L. Harris,
Office of Weights and Measures,
Phone: (301) 975 - 4014