This 2 hour webinar will provide participants with the ability to implement ISO/IEC 17025 Proficiency Testing Follow-Up documentation.
At the end of this 2-hour session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the 17025 criteria requiring proficiency testing,
- Complete all required PT follow-up documentation,
- Research information on the process of root cause analysis available via the Internet,
- Perform root cause analysis using various tools and methodologies,
- Plan and implement suitable corrective action to correct the identified root causes, and
- Plan and perform suitable follow-up activities to evaluate the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions with continued process improvement resulting.
- Computer or laptop
- Internet connection, a broadband connection is recommended
- Optional: a telephone headset
Materials & Supplies:
Compile a list of the Proficiency Tests in which your laboratory has participated, including the results from the proficiency test report. Be prepared to discuss the follow-up actions that were taken and on what basis the decisions were made. Identify what Root Cause Analysis methodologies were used to make the corrective action decisions and what follow-up actions were planned and implemented to verify the appropriateness of the corrective action taken. Submit this information to Val Miller at email@example.com no later than April 10.
Successful completion includes completing pre-work assignment, full attendance, full participation in the session activities and discussion and completing an on-line evaluation after the course.
Laboratory staff who have responsibilities for developing, implementing, and/or improving the uncertainty analyses methods and reporting in their laboratory as well as those who are seeking OWM recognition and/or accreditation or improvements to support recognition/accreditation through adding this measurement to their Scope. This course is also available for non-weights and measures participants.
The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures regulatory officials and metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Office of Weights and Measures
(301) 975 - 3603