The focus of this training will cover the requirements and test procedures within NIST Handbook 133, "Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods," volumetric testing.
- Review of Handbook 133, Chapters 1 & 2
- Gravimetric and volumetric test procedures for liquids (e.g., dairy products, soda, bottled water, juices)
- Test procedures for viscous products (e.g., gels, glues and caulks)
- Volumetric and headspace test procedures for containers and products sold by volume (e.g., mayonnaise, oysters, and pressed glass and stemware)
- Volumetric procedures for ice cream novelties, peat moss, mulch, potting soil, animal bedding and packaged firewood
You MUST bring a calculator. There will be no use of computers.
Materials & Supplies:
Participants will be provided with a USB flash drive that includes the presentation and class materials.
Students must have successfully completed a NIST-taught NIST Handbook 133 - Basics "Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods" course in 2009 or later.
Students must be in attendance for the entire class and actively participate in all in-class activities. You will be assessed on your application of all the learning objectives of this course.
State Weights and Measures officials only. This class is limited to 10 participants.
There are no registration fees for this class.
Kenneth S. Butcher,
Phone: (301) 975 - 4859