Last week in New Orleans, the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group (IDESG) launched the Identity Ecosystem Framework (IDEF) Registry
and publicly listed the first four organizations to self-attest. At the 17th
IDESG plenary meeting, these organizations presented their experiences - emphasizing the business benefit of publicly showcasing their dedication to trusted digital identity solutions. They also shared the ease of self-attestation, thanks to the IDESG’s concierge that assists Registry applicants.
“The launch of the IDEF Registry
was a huge milestone, operationalizing the IDEF requirements. We are enthusiastic about this new phase for the IDESG, focused on sharing this product far and wide, encouraging organizations to get listed on the Registry and publicly attest their dedication to the NSTIC Guiding Principles,” said Mike Garcia, acting director of the NSTIC office.
In keeping up the momentum of the launch, plenary attendees mainly looked ahead—toward scaling up the Registry and fostering greater trust across the Identity Ecosystem. Across the two-day event, attendees:
- Learned how the Registry works and heard perspectives from listed NSTIC pilots MorphoTrust USA, Galois, and PRIVO;
- Discussed the bylaws of the IDESG and the privacy evaluation process required for all IDESG deliverables;
- Gained a more thorough understanding of the IDESG standards registry and the process of adopting standards;
- Discussed mapping the IDESG requirements to other trust frameworks—with the goal of streamlining multiple self-assessments into one;
- Heard about the pilots’ experiences in evaluating and managing privacy risks in their organizations.
Congratulations on another productive IDESG plenary meeting! We encourage other interested organizations to become some of the first to self-attest to the IDEF requirements on the Registry
. The IDESG welcomes early adopter feedback, which will enhance the self-attestation process. It’s an exciting time for the Identity Ecosystem - and we look forward to all that’s ahead with the IDESG.