You searched on:
Author: Joseph Kopanski
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 105 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. DESIGN OF TEST STRUCTURE FOR 3D-STACKED INTEGRATED CIRCUITS (3D-SICS) METROLOGY
Lin You, Jungjoon Ahn, Joseph J Kopanski
2. Back-End-of-Line Test Structure Design and Simulation for Subsurface Metrology with Scanning Probe
Lin You, Emily Hitz, Jungjoon Ahn, Yaw S Obeng, Joseph J Kopanski
As demands in the semiconductor industry call for further miniaturization and performance
enhancement of electronic systems, the traditional planar (2D) electronic interconnection and
packaging technologies show their difficulties in meeting the ...
3. Charge-Based Capacitance Measurements Circuits for Interface With Atomic Force Microscope Probes
Joseph J Kopanski, Muhammad Yaqub Afridi, Chong Jiang, Michael Lorek, Timothy Kohler, Curt A Richter
The charge based capacitance measurement (CBCM) technique is highly sensitive to small capacitances and capable integration of onto an AFM tip, thereby reducing stray and wire capacitance to the bare minimum. The CBCM technique has previous been appl ...
4. Measurement Science for "More-Than-Moore" Technology Reliability Assessments
Chukwudi Azubuike Okoro, Jungjoon Ahn, Meagan V. Kelso, Pavel Kabos, Joseph J Kopanski, Yaw S Obeng
In this paper, we will present an overview of metrology issues and some of the techniques currently
under development in our group at NIST, aimed at understanding some of the potential performance
limiting issues in such highly integrated systems ...
5. Metrology for Nanosystems and Nanoelectronics Reliability Assessments
Yaw S Obeng, Chukwudi Azubuike Okoro, Joseph J Kopanski
The traditional models and techniques for studying reliability in integrated circuits may not be
appropriate for nanoelectronics and nanosystems. In this paper, we present an overview of a number of
materials and metrology techniques currently un ...
6. Calibrated nanoscale dopant profiling using a scanning microwave microscope.
Pavel Kabos, Thomas M Wallis, H P. Hubner, I. Humer, M. Hochleitner, M. Fenner, M. Moertelmaier, C. Rankl, Atif Imtiaz, H. Tanbakuchi, P. Hinterdorfer, J. Smoliner, Joseph J Kopanski, F. Kienberger
The scanning microwave microscope (SMM) is used for calibrated capacitance spectroscopy and spatially resolved dopant profiling measurements. It consists of an atomic force microscope (AFM) combined with a vector network analyzer operating between 1- ...
7. Enhanced Spatial Resolution Electrical Scanning Probe Microscopy By Using Carbon Nanotube Terminated Tips
Joseph J Kopanski, Ilona Sitnitsky, Victor H. Vartanian, Paul McClure, Vladimir Mancevski
Electrical scanning probe microscopes, such as the scanning capacitance microscope (SCM) for two dimensional dopant profiling, scanning Kelvin force microscope (SKFM) for surface potential measurements, and the tunneling atomic force microscope (TUNA ...
8. Spectroscopic charge pumping investigation of the amphoteric nature of Si/SiO2 interface states
Jason T Ryan, Liangchun Yu, Jae Han, Joseph J Kopanski, Kin P Cheung, Fei Zhang, Chen Wang, Jason P Campbell, John S Suehle
The amphoteric nature of Si/SiO2 interface states in submicron sized metal-oxide-silicon-field-effect-transistors is observed using an enhanced spectroscopic charge pumping method. The method‰s simplicity and high sensitivity makes it a powerful too ...
9. Flexible Memristors Fabricated through Sol-Gel Hydrolysis
Joseph Leo Tedesco, Nadine Gergel-Hackett, Laurie Stephey, Madelaine Herminia Hernandez, Andrew A Herzing, Lee J Richter, Christina Ann Hacker, Joseph J Kopanski, Jan Obrzut, Curt A Richter
10. Flexible Memristors Fabricated through Sol-Gel Hydrolysis
Joseph Leo Tedesco, Nadine Gergel-Hackett, Laurie Stephey, Andrew A Herzing, Madelaine Herminia Hernandez, Joseph J Kopanski, Christina Ann Hacker, Curt A Richter
Memristors were fabricated on flexible polyethylene terephthalate substrates consisting of an oxide film generated through hydrolysis of a spun-on sol-gel. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, spectroscopic ellipsometry, transmission electron microscopy ...