You searched on: Author: edward hagley
Displaying records 11 to 20 of 56 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
11. Effect of atomic coherence on "temporal cloaking" in atomic vapors
Runbing Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Joshua C Bienfang, M G Payne, Mo-Lin Ge
We discuss a different scheme to achieve ,temporal cloakingŠ in atomic vapors. Instead of creating
a ,temporal-spatialŠ window in a patched broadband short optical pulse using static differential
dispersion of an optical fiber, we create a ,tempora ...
12. Impact of photo-assisted collisions on superradiant light scattering with Bose-condensates
Lu Deng, Xinyu Luo, Edward W Hagley, Ruquan Wang
We present experimental evidence supporting the postulation that the secondary effects of light assisted collisions are the main reason that the superradiant light scattering efficiency in condensates is asymmetric with respect to the sign of the pum ...
13. SURF III: A flexible Synchrotron Radiation Source for Radiometry and Research
Uwe Arp, Charles W Clark, Lu Deng, Nadir S. Faradzhev, Alex P. Farrell, Mitchell L. Furst, Steven E Grantham, Edward W Hagley, Shannon Bradley Hill, Thomas B Lucatorto, Ping-Shine Shaw, Charles S Tarrio, Robert Edward Vest
The calculability of synchrotron radiation (SR) makes electron storage rings wonderful light sources for radiometry. The broadband nature of SR allows coverage of the whole spectral region from the x-ray to the far-infrared. Compact low-energy storag ...
14. Reply to ,Comment on ,Electromagnetic Wave Dynamics in Matter-Wave Superradiant ScatteringŠ by Wolfgang Ketterle
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Marvin G. Payne
The comment by W. Ketterle  purports having a viable model of superradiance. However, Ref.  admits not being able to explain the red/blue pump detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance that was first observed recently by us . It is cle ...
15. Observation of the red-blue detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Qiang Cao, Xiaorui Wang, Xinyu Luo, Ruquan Wang, Fan Yang, Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen, M. G. Payne, Mingsheng Zhan
We show the first experimental observations of matter-wave superradiance using blue-detuned
light, and demonstrate a pump-laser detuning asymmetry in the collective atomic recoil motion. In
contrast to all previous theoretical treatments, which pre ...
16. A Green Laser Pointer Hazard
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Jemellie Galang, Alessandro Restelli, Edward W Hagley, Charles W Clark
An inexpensive green laser pointer was found to emit 20 mW of infrared radiation during normal use. This is potentially a serious hazard that would not be noticed by most users of such pointers. We find that the problem derives from an unsafe desig ...
17. Matter-wave self-imaging in non-Raman-Nath regime pulsed standing optical wave
Ke Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, M.S. Zhan, M Payne
We demonstrate matter-wave self-imaging in a stationary light field in the non-Raman-Nath limit. We show that in a non-instantaneous pulsed standing wave grating significant contributions due to the non-negligible atomic center of mass motion and ins ...
18. A Fast-Responding Nonlinear Phase Shifter Using an Active Raman Gain Core
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Kaijun Jiang, M Payne
Using a lifetime broadened N-scheme with an active-Raman-gain (ARG) Lambda core, we show that large nonlinear phase shift can be induced without signal wave attenuation. The new scheme is not based on the ultra-slow-wave technique and it does not ex ...
19. Formation and propagation of matched and coupled ultraslow optical soliton pairs in a four-level double-Lambda system
Lu Deng, M G Payne, G X Huang, Edward W Hagley
20. Propagation Dynamics of a Temporally, Amplitude- and Group-Velocity-Matched Two-Mode Ultraslow Wave in a Three-Level Lamda System
Lu Deng, M Payne, Edward W Hagley
We investigate the propagation dynamics of a two-mode probe field traveling with ultra-slow group velocities. We show that a strong cross-beam coupling occurs between the two modes of the probe wave. In the adiabatic limit and under appropriate con ...