You searched on:
Author: nien zhang
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 64 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Bayesian Statistical Model for Hybrid Metrology to Improve Measurement Accuracy
Richard M Silver, Nien F Zhang, Bryan M Barnes, Jing Qin, Hui H. Zhou, Ronald G Dixson
We present a method to combine measurements from different techniques that reduces uncertainties and can improve measurement throughput. The approach directly integrates the measurement analysis of multiple techniques that can include different conf ...
2. A Kurtosis-Based Statistical Measure for Two-Dimensional Processes and Its Applications to Image Sharpness
Nien F Zhang, Andras Vladar, Michael T Postek, Robert D. Larrabee
Fully automated or semiautomatic scanning electron microscopes (SEM) are now commonly used in semiconductor production and other forms of manufacturing. It is required that these automated instruments be routinely capable of 3 nanometer (nm) or bett ...
3. A Study on the Variance Estimation for a Stationary Process in SPC
Nien F Zhang
Recently, statistical process control (SPC) methodologies have been developed to accommodate autocorrelated data. To construct control charts for stationary process data, the process variance needs to be estimated. For an independently identically d ...
4. A generalized method for multiple artifacts problem in interlaboratory comparisons with linear trends
Weiping Zhang, Nien F Zhang
A generalized statistical approach for interlaboratory comparisons with linear trends is proposed. This new approach can be applied to the general case when the artifacts are measured and reported multiple times in each participating laboratory. The ...
5. Allan Variance of Time Series Models of Measurement Data
Nien F Zhang
The uncertainty of the mean of autocorrelated measurements from a stationary process has
been discussed in the literature. However, when the measurements are from a non-stationary
process, how to assess their uncertainty remains unresolved. Allan v ...
6. An Application of Combining Results from Multiple Methods - Statistical Evaluation of Uncertainty for NIST SRM 1508a
Susan Shu Cheng Tai, Adriana Hornikova, Nien F Zhang, Michael James Welch
7. An Application of Combining Results from Multiple Methods|Statistical Evaluation of Uncertainty for NIST SRM 1508a
Adriana Hornikova, Nien F Zhang, Michael James Welch, Susan Shu Cheng Tai
NIST Standard Reference Materials (SRM) are certified reference materials that are developed at NIST and provided to laboratories (industry, government and academia) for assessment and improvement of measurement quality. SRM 1508a, is re-certified t ...
8. An Approach to Combining Results From Multiple Methods Motivated by the ISO GUM
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
M Levenson, D L. Banks, K Eberhardt, L M. Gill, William F Guthrie, Hung-Kung Liu, M Vangel, James H Yen, Nien F Zhang
The problem of determining a consensus value and its uncertainty from the results of multiple methods or laboratories is discussed. Desirable criteria of a solution are presented. A solution based on the ISO Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty i ...
9. Analysis of Sensitivity of VCCTL Measurements to Various Input Quantities
Adriana Hornikova, Blaza Toman, Nien F Zhang, Hung-Kung Liu, Robert Charles Hagwood, Edward Joseph Garboczi, Jeffrey W Bullard
Virtual measurements are the outputs of well-defined mathematical models based on theoretical principles and simulation algorithms. The VCCTL (Virtual Cement and Concrete Testing Laboratory) is a software system built by the Material and Construction ...
10. Angle-resolved Optical Metrology using Multi-Technique Nested Uncertainties
Richard M Silver, Bryan M Barnes, Hui H. Zhou, Nien F Zhang, Ronald G Dixson
This paper introduces recent advances in scatterfield microscopy using improved normalization and fitting procedures. Reduced measurement uncertainties are obtained through the use of more accurate normalization procedures in combination with better ...