You searched on:
Author: blaza toman
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 36 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Case Study of a Community Affected by the Witch and Guejito Fires: Report #2 ‹ Evaluating the
Effects of Hazard Mitigation Actions on Structure Ignitions
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Alexander Maranghides, Derek McNamara, William Mell, Jason Trook, Blaza Toman
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has a suite of research projects
addressing risk reduction in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) communities. The NIST WUI Team was
invited by CAL FIRE to collect post incident data from the ...
2. Standard Reference Material 2366 for Measurement of Human Cytomegalovirus DNA
Ross J Haynes, Margaret C Kline, Blaza Toman, Calum Scott, Paul Wallace, John M Butler, Marcia J Holden
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is one of a number of human viruses that are ubiquitous in human populations,
generally cause little illness upon infecting healthy individuals, but can cause life threatening
disease in immune-compromised individuals. An i ...
3. Final report of key comparison CCM.P-K12 for very low
helium flow rates (leak rates)
James A Fedchak, Blaza Toman, Karl Jousten
Quantitative leak tests with vacuum technology have become an important tool in industry for
safety and operational reasons and to meet environmental regulations. In lack of a relevant
key comparison, so far, there are no calibration measurement ca ...
4. Experimental Design and Data Evaluation Considerations for Comparisons of Higher-Order Value-Assigned Materials
David Lee Duewer, Hugo H. Gasca-Aragon, Katrice A Lippa, Blaza Toman
The analysis of higher-order value-assigned materials (HOVAMs) such as certified reference materials (CRMs) and value-assigned proficiency testing materials can help assess the equivalence of chemical measurement processes. When two or more such mat ...
5. Alternative analyses of the measurements of Planck Constant
We compare different methods for the adjustment of the Planck constant using recent, inconsistent
data. First we discuss the popular Birge ratio method. By stating the underlying statistical model we
critically assess and modify this method. We the ...
6. An international assessment of the metrological equivalence of higher-order measurement services for creatinine in serum
Johanna Camara, Katrice A Lippa, David Lee Duewer, Hugo H. Gasca-Aragon, Blaza Toman
Background: The CCQM-K80 Key Comparison directly assessed the equivalence of many of the world‰s higher-order value-assigned materials (HOVAMs) for creatinine in human serum. This 2009 international study compared the certified values and uncertaint ...
7. A Bayesian Approach to the Evaluation of Comparisons of Individually Value-Assigned Reference Materials
A new data analysis procedure is presented for the evaluation of comparisons of reference materials
individually prepared and value-assigned by different organizations to measurements made in a single
laboratory under repeatability measurements. Th ...
8. Tutorial for metrologists on the probabilistic and statistical apparatus underlying the GUM and related documents
Antonio M Possolo, Blaza Toman
A review and précis of the meaning and calculus of probability, including random variables, probability distributions, functions of random variables, and of Bayesian statistical inference, with many illustrative examples.
9. Bayesian uncertainty analysis for a regression model versus application of GUM Supplement 1 to the least-squares estimate
Blaza Toman, Clemens Elster
Application of least-squares as, for instance, in curve fitting is an important tool of data analysis in metrology. It is tempting to employ the supplement 1 to the GUM (GUM-S1) to evaluate the uncertainty associated with the resulting parameter esti ...
10. Quantifying Model Error
Kevin B McGrattan, Blaza Toman
A methodology is proposed for reporting the results of fire model validation studies
that consist mainly of comparisons of model predictions and experimental measurements. The
difference between the two is a combination of model error and experimen ...