You searched on: Author: keana scott Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 14 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Challenges, Strategies and Opportunities for Measuring Carbon Nanotubes within a Polymer
Composites by X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
Special Publication (NIST SP)
Justin M Gorham, Jeremiah Wallace Woodcock, Keana C K Scott
This NIST Special Publication (SP) is one in a series of NIST SPs that address research needs
articulated in the National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Environmental, Health, and Safety
Research Strategy published in 2011 . This ...
2. Methods for the Measurement of Release of MWCNTs from MWCNT-Polymer Composites
Debra L Kaiser, Aleksandr B. Stefaniak, Keana C K Scott, Tinh Nguyen, Jurg Schutz
Multi-wall carbon nanotube (MWCNT)/polymer composites hold great promise as advanced materials for consumer and industrial applications. Throughout the life cycle of these composites, there is opportunity for release of particles that may contain MWC ...
3. Multi-method analysis of multiwall carbon nanotube polymer nanocomposite samples after photodegradation
Elijah J Petersen, Thomas F. Lam, Justin M Gorham, Keana C K Scott, Christian John Long, Renu Sharma, Li Piin Sung, James Alexander Liddle, Tinh Nguyen
Nanomaterials can be used as nanofillers to enhance the properties of polymeric materials. However, the effect of weathering on nanocomposites and the potential for nanomaterial release is not yet well understood. Multiple analytical methods are ne ...
4. Recent Advances in Focused Ion Beam Technology and Applications
Nabil Bassim, Keana C K Scott, Lucille A Giannuzzi
Focused ion beam (FIB) microscopes are extremely versatile and powerful instruments for materials research. These microscopes,
when coupled in a system with a scanning electron microscope (SEM), offer the opportunity for novel sample imaging, secti ...
5. Effects of nanoparticle size and charge on interactions with self-assembled collagen
Dongbo Wang, Jing (Jing) Ye, Steven D Hudson, Keana C K Scott, Sheng Lin-Gibson
Recent insights into bone formation have suggested that the critical first step to the biomineralization process is the integration of small (nanometer dimension) mineral clusters into collagen fibers. Such behavior is of intrinsic interest for the a ...
6. Impact of UV Irradiation on the Surface Chemistry and Structure of Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Epoxy Nanocomposites
Elijah J Petersen, Thomas F. Lam, Justin M Gorham, Keana C K Scott, Christian John Long, Deborah L Stanley, Renu Sharma, James Alexander Liddle, Tinh Nguyen
One of the most promising applications of nanomaterials is as nanofillers to enhance the properties of polymeric materials. However, the effect of nanofillers on polymers subject to typical environmental stresses, such as ultraviolet (UV) radiation, ...
7. Detection and Speciation of Brominated Flame Retardants in Consumer Products and Household Dust
Richard D Holbrook, Jeffrey M. Davis, Keana C K Scott, Christopher W Szakal
The ubiquitous presence of brominated flame retardants in humans, biota, and the environment has caused concerns about their toxicity, transformations, and persistence. Polymeric materials, which often are intercalated with include brominated flame ...
8. Minimizing damage during FIB-TEM sample preparation of soft materials
Nabil Bassim, Bradley De Gregorio, A. D. Kilcoyne, Keana C K Scott, Tsngming Chou, S. Wirick, George Cody, Rhonda Stroud
Although focused ion beam (FIB) microscopy has been used successfully for milling patterns and creating ultra-thin transmission electron microscopy (TEM) sections of polymers and other soft materials, little has been documented regarding FIB-induced ...
9. Live, video-rate super-resolution microscopy using structured illumination and rapid GPU-based parallel processing
Jonathan A. Lefman, Keana C K Scott, Javed Khan, Stephan J Stranick
Structured illumination fluorescence microscopy is a powerful super resolution method that is capable of achieving a resolution below 100 nm. Each super-resolution image is computationally constructed from a set of differentially illuminated images. ...
10. 3D elemental and structural analysis of biological specimens using electrons and ions
Keana C K Scott
We demonstrate the utility of focused ion beam scanning electron microscopy (FIB SEM) combined with energy dispersive x-ray spectrometry (EDS) for 3-dimensional (3D) morphological and elemental correlative analysis of sub-cellular features. Althoug ...