You searched on:
Author: marcia holden
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 43 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Molecular diagnostics: Harmonization through reference materials, documentary standards and proficiency testing
Marcia J Holden, Roberta M Madej, Philip Minor, Lisa V Kalman
There is a great need for harmonization in nucleic acid testing for infectious disease and clinical genetics. The proliferation of assay methods, the number of targets for molecular diagnostics and the dearth of reference materials contribute to var ...
2. The Use of 35S and Tnos Expression Elements in the Measurement of Genetically Engineered Plant Materials
Marcia J Holden, Marci Levine, Tandace Scholdberg, Ross J Haynes, G. Ronald Jenkins
An online survey was conducted by the International Life Sciences Institute International, Food Biotechnology Committee, on the use of qualitative and quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) assays for Cauliflower Mosaic Virus 35S promoter and A ...
3. Factors Affecting Quantification of Total DNA by UV Spectroscopy and PicoGreen Fluorescence
Marcia J Holden, Ross J Haynes, Savelas A Rabb, Neena Satija, Kristina Yang, Joe Blasic
The amount of total DNA in a preparation extracted from tissues can be measured several ways, each method offering advantages and disadvantages. It is of interest for the sake of accuracy in quantitation to compare methodologies and determine if goo ...
4. Potential Primary Measurement Tool for the Quantification of DNA
Ryan G. Brennan, Savelas A Rabb, Marcia J Holden, Michael R Winchester
An automated sample introduction system, utilizing a demountable direct injection high efficiency nebulizer (d DIHEN), is successfully incorporated for the first time with an inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometer (ICP-OES) for the ...
5. Comparison of Fluorometric and Spectrophotometric DNA Quantification for Real-time Quantitative PCR of Degraded DNA
Luke A. Shokere, Marcia J Holden, G. Ronald Jenkins
Isogenic NK603 DNA was degraded by sonication or heat and quantified using A260 and a fluorescent dye method. qPCR experiments were conducted by amplifying an SSIIb-3 endogenous control and an NK603 transgene in untreated, sonicated, and heat-treate ...
6. Association and Redox Properties of the Putidaredoxin Reductase - Oxidized Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Complex
Vytautas Reipa, Marcia J Holden, V L. Vilker
Putidaredoxin reductase (PdR) is the flavin protein that carries out the first electron transfer involved in the cytochrome P450cam catalytic cycle. In PdR, the oxidized flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD/FADH2) redox center is reduced by two-electron ...
7. A Study of Comparability in AFLP Profiling Using a Simple Model System
Lina Partis, M J Burns, Koichi Chiba, Ph Corbisier, Marcia J Holden, J. Wang, Qing Yan Liu, Tomoya Okunishi, Sang-Ryoul Park, Maxim Vonsky, K R Emslie
A simple AFLP model, using the relatively small bacteriophage lambda genome, was developed to test the reproducibility of this technique in an international study, CCQM-P53. Using either non-selective or selective primers, 9 fragments or a subset of ...
8. Traceable Phosphorus Measurements by ICP-OES and HPLC for the Quantification of DNA
Michael R Winchester, Marcia J Holden, Savelas A Rabb, Yadu D. Tewari
9. Quantum Dots Detection for HER2 Standard Reference Material
Yan Xiao, J L. Blasic, Marcia J Holden, Peter E. Dr. Barker
10. Structural analysis of ligand binding and catalysis in chorismate lyase
N. Smith, A. Roitberg, E. Rivera, A. Howard, Marcia J Holden, M. Mayhew, S. Kaistha, David Travis Gallagher