Results with Baldrige in Service
(links are to organization profiles)
DynMcDermott Petroleum Operations Company
- Hospitals in the Premier alliance validated more than $2.5 billion in savings.
- Customer satisfaction levels exceeded 90%.
- Operating income per employee grew from $144,000 to $225,000.
Caterpillar Financial Services Corp.
- Following Hurricane Katrina, operations relocated from New Orleans to Beaumont, Texas, and within five days began delivering oil.
- Workdays lost due to injury were 0.6 per 200,000 worker hours, compared to the national average of 4.8.
- Hazardous waste decreased from 3,802 to 515 total pounds, below the goal of 539.
Boeing Aerospace Support
- Assets and profit increased 34% and 54%, respectively, during an industry decline.
- Customer satisfaction levels exceeded industry and world-class benchmarks.
- 80% of employees said they would recommend Caterpillar as a good place to work.
Operations Management International, Inc.
- Annual revenue more than doubled from 1999 to 2003.
- Product and service requests were met within three days of receipt.
- Cash awards paid to employees for extraordinary performance tripled.
Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC
- Total revenue grew an average of 15% annually, triple that of the organization’s top competitor.
- Associate turnover decreased from 25.5% in 1994 to 15.5% in 1999.
- Customer satisfaction showed an eight-year improvement trend.
- 99% of guests surveyed said they were satisfied.
- Any employee could spend up to $2,000 to immediately correct a problem or handle a complaint.
- Pretax return on investments and earnings nearly doubled.
You need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the PDF file. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, download the program at http://get.adobe.com/reader. People with visual disabilities can download tools and information at http://access.adobe.com to help make Adobe PDF files accessible.