You searched on:
Author: Piotr Domanski
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 125 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Performance Improvement of a Roof Top Air-Conditioning Unit by Refrigerant Circuitry Optimization
Sunil Lee, David A Yashar, Piotr A Domanski
In this experiment-aided simulation study, we achieved the performance improvement of a Roof Top Unit (RTU) by optimizing an evaporator’s refrigerant circuitry using evolutionary algorithms. The system used in this study was a 2-stage 7.5 Ton RTU wit ...
2. FDD CX: A Fault Detection and Diagnostic Commissioning Tool for Residential Air Conditioners and Heat
Technical Note (NIST TN)
William V Payne, Jae Hyeok Heo, Piotr A Domanski
FDD CX is a commissioning tool for unitary, air-source, single-speed, vapor compression air
conditioner (AC) or heat pump (HP) systems. This software tool can be utilized to commission the
operation of residential ACs or HPs to ensure proper ref ...
3. A Dual Mode Evolutionary Algorithm Approach for Designing Optimized Finned-Tube Heat Exchangers
David A Yashar, Piotr A Domanski, Janusz Wojusiak, Kenneth Kaufman
The efficiency of a vapor compression system is strongly influenced by the performance of the finned-tube heat exchangers it employs. Heat exchanger performance is strongly influenced by the refrigerant circuitry, i.e., the connection sequence of th ...
4. NIST Standard Reference Database 73
REFLEAK: NIST Leak/Recharge Simulation Model for Refrigerant Mixtures, Version 4.0
David Didion, MinSoo Kim, Piotr A Domanski
5. Alternative Cooling Technology Options
J S Brown, Piotr A Domanski
This paper considers the alternative cooling technologies studied by Fisher et al. (1994) and assesses their current potential to compete with or to replace vapor compression refrigeration technology for space cooling and near-room temperature refrig ...
6. Practical Aspects of Applying Evolutionary Algorithms for Optimizing Refrigerant Circuitry in Heat Exchangers
Piotr A Domanski, David A Yashar, Sunil Lee, Janusz Wojtusiak
A public domain finned-tube heat exchanger simulation program, EVAP-COND ver. 3.0, has been equipped with an evolutionary algorithm-based module, called ISHED – Intelligent System for Heat Exchanger Design, which facilitates optimization of refrigera ...
7. IMPACT OF CLASSICAL ASSUMPTIONS IN MODELLING A MICROCHANNEL GAS COOLER
Santiago Martinez-Ballester, Jose M. Corberan, Jose Gonzalvez-Macia, Piotr A Domanski
Most of the current air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger models use the classic ε-NTU approach.
These models do not account for 2D longitudinal heat conduction in the tube and the
longitudinal heat conduction in the fin. These models, also do not ...
8. IEA HPP Annex 36: Quality Installation / Quality Maintenance Sensitivity Analysis
Glenn Hourahan, Piotr A Domanski, Van Baxter
The paper summarizes the goals and planned activities to be undertaken by the participants in Annex 36. Some background information and status of Annex work specific to each participant is provided as well.
9. Characterization of Approach Air Distribution for a Finned-Tube Heat Exchanger
David A Yashar, Piotr A Domanski, Hong H. Cho
The distribution of air flow approaching a finned-tube heat exchanger is one of the predominant factors influencing the heat exchanger’s performance. This paper describes a method for measuring and predicting the inlet air flow distribution using Par ...
10. Residential Heat Pump Heating Performance with Single Faults Imposed
William V Payne, Piotr A Domanski, Seok Ho Yoon
A heat pump equipped with a thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) was tested in environmental chambers during steady-state no-fault and imposed-fault operation. The studied system was an R410A split residential heat pump with an 8.8 kW nominal cooling ...